K-Edge Garmin Sport Mount - Twist Lock Tension

Cunning-Stunt

Hi Hubbers,

Looking for user feedback on the K-Edge Garmin Sport Mount.

I have recently bought one for my Garmin Edge 520 and find the tension in the twistlock to be fairly loose. I have two other Garmin out front type mounts and the tension seems to be much stiffer. 

There is a definitive click when the mount fits into place on the k-edge but it certainly feels like the Garmin may unclick and fall off the mount very easily. 

My question is to other users if this is normal & safe or perhaps are there ways to adjust the tension somehow?

Any feedback would be appreciated. For now I'm just going to use the Garmin tether as a safety mechanism and test it out.

Thanks in advance.

51cV8AqN%2BSL._AC_SL1008_.jpg

Edited by Cunning-Stunt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers,

Looking for user feedback on the K-Edge Garmin Sport Mount.

I have recently bought one for my Garmin Edge 520 and find the tension in the twistlock to be fairly loose. I have two other Garmin out front type mounts and the tension seems to be much stiffer. 

There is a definitive click when the mount fits into place on the k-edge but it certainly feels like the Garmin may unclick and fall off the mount very easily. 

My question is to other users if this is normal & safe or perhaps are there ways to adjust the tension somehow?

Any feedback would be appreciated. For now I'm just going to use the Garmin tether as a safety mechanism and test it out.

Thanks in advance.

51cV8AqN%2BSL._AC_SL1008_.jpg

FYI, My own feedback is that the Garmin seems to be safe on the mount thus far.

So all in all no issues.

Cheers

I find that the Edge 520 is a loose fit but the Edge 500 and others fit fine. The 520 is fine in the mount that it was supplied with.