Message tab doesn't work

Zatek

Is it just me but I am unable to send messages to other hubbers. If click on the message tab I get routed to show all my chats. Can't delete or send/type new messages or chats.

Mine also didn't work. Admin advised me to press CNTRL. and F5 together in the chat screen. That sorted it out...

Sometimes when you click send message, you get taken to the top of the screen for chats while your 'new' chat is at the bottom. So scroll to the bottom and see if your new chat is there...

Nope and after I have archieved my chats they keep popping up after a minute or 2 after the page is refreshed

Could also be related to the browser you are using. I find that sometimes IE (Internet Explorer) is problematic. Try Edge or Chrome 

Tried cell phone, Chrome and IE both doing the same. Interesting is that on other add I can send but only this one add is affected. Strange

Is it just me but I am unable to send messages to other hubbers. If click on the message tab I get routed to show all my chats. Can't delete or send/type new messages or chats.

Nick has been in touch via our support desk. Please could you share a link to the problematic chat with him there to investigate. Sounds like it's isolated to just the one chat?

Could also be related to the browser you are using. I find that sometimes IE (Internet Explorer) is problematic. Try Edge or Chrome

You will have a lot of trouble trying to use IE on Bike Hub and much of the web, but any recent version of other major browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) should be 100%.

Sometimes when you click send message, you get taken to the top of the screen for chats while your 'new' chat is at the bottom. So scroll to the bottom and see if your new chat is there...

That was a bug a while back but shouldn't be happening anymore. Please pop us a message via help@bikehub.co.za or "Contact Support" in the footer if you're still having that issue.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, Im trying to send a pm to a fellow hubber. But for the life of me, I cant do it. It seems someone on here had a similar problem? When I go to messages on my profile, it only shows an archive of my old chats. but starting a new chat, to a fellow hubber seems impossible?

Maybe I'm to old for this :)

@Matt please help!

1 minute ago, Bos said:

Hi Guys, Im trying to send a pm to a fellow hubber. But for the life of me, I cant do it. It seems someone on here had a similar problem? When I go to messages on my profile, it only shows an archive of my old chats. but starting a new chat, to a fellow hubber seems impossible?

Maybe I'm to old for this :)

@Matt please help!

It is admittedly a little confusing... there are two message/chat platforms available:

1) Classifieds messages: 
These are related to classified ads exclusively - chats can only be initiated from live adverts.
https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/chats/list

2) Forum direct messages: 
This is the forum messenger you are probably looking for. You can initiate a new conversation with any other member who has it enabled.
https://forum.bikehub.co.za/messenger/

also had issues and have resorted to whatsapp. I couldnt reply on a direct message as it wouldn't scroll down. Seems like web issues. Why make this all so complex - if you do that we will leave your walled garden to whatsapp and other platforms.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

It is admittedly a little confusing... there are two message/chat platforms available:

1) Classifieds messages: 
These are related to classified ads exclusively - chats can only be initiated from live adverts.
https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/chats/list

2) Forum direct messages: 
This is the forum messenger you are probably looking for. You can initiate a new conversation with any other member who has it enabled.
https://forum.bikehub.co.za/messenger/

Thanks for the quick response @Matt the second one is what Im looking for 

1 minute ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

also had issues and have resorted to whatsapp. I couldnt reply on a direct message as it wouldn't scroll down. Seems like web issues. Why make this all so complex - if you do that we will leave your walled garden to whatsapp and other platforms.

Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into it. Not being able to scroll is a bug. We didn't make it do that on purpose, I promise.

The two messaging systems exist because there are two separate technology platforms with two different use cases. Joining them together might be a bit more convenient but it's a technical nightmare that isn't worth it.

2 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

This sounds like a bug. Was that a message related to a Classified ad?

Unfortunately there is some inherent complexity in dealing with two separate systems: this 3rd party forum platform (and its built in messenger) and our custom Classifieds platform. There is definitely room to simplify and improve this.

But if the complexity you mention is more around the scroll issue that's a bug that we can most certainly address.

If you or others encounter any issues like this please report it to us. It's the only way we can address any issues. Thanks!