Fulgaz vs Rouvy

hagar

Hi there 

i was wondering has anyone used these two virtual platforms and what would be the pros and cons of the two .

Cheers 

Hi there 

i was wondering has anyone used these two virtual platforms and what would be the pros and cons of the two .

Cheers 

Been using rouvy for many years, just registered with Fulgaz for the free 4 week Trail and have only done 20 km on FG, so dont really have an enough experience.

One Thing, FG Picture Quality is excelent, I'm not sure what my Setting is on rouvy but the Video on FG that i rode last night was excelent.

I noticed that with FG you have a view of the entire route profile which showed my postion on the route, but it did not Show any other riders positions (which rouvy does), and yes there were other riders according to the Display that showed the riders FTP.

Looking Forward to hear other comments

I've used (as in paid for) Rouvy, Zwift, Sufferfest. I'm currently on sufferfest. I've tried RGT and fulgaz.

I have tried fulgaz and it really didn't work for me. The power data seemed way off and the route I tried (Tourmalet) seemed out of synch with the video. All of this could have been to do with my network speed it has to be said.

I enjoyed Rouvy. I've been fortunate enough to ride some of the routes that appear on Rouvy in real life and they felt pretty spot on ITO gradient and effort.

Of the 2 my vote goes to Rouvy. But remember you aren't married to these apps. All of them have an evaluation period so you can figure out which one works best for you and you can go month to month on subscription so you can hop between them which is what I do.

If you have more than 1 cyclist in the house Rouvy will be for you coz you get 3 logins on Rouvy.

I have no experience with FG but have been using Rouvy for over 6 months now and am perfectly happy with it.

I used to run it on a Windows laptop but had plenty of dropouts which I traced back to M$ updates causing issues but since purchasing a dedicated Apple TV and downloading the route prior to riding, I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

My only concern is that the Rouvy Workouts app isn't available on Apple TV. The developers will be combining the AR & Workouts app into one later on in the year.