Vodacom's new Curve smart tracker

Rocket-Boy

Could imagine something like this could eventually be used for race timing if it had the mass tracking software to support it and is accurate to the line (bluetooth/wifi). No need for expensive start and finish line gear or a power source at those points.

5000mAh is a BIG battery. Looking at the size, it is not nearly as discreet as the Curve, but will be very useful in many applications given the 90 days battery life. The weight is roughly the same as today's latest and greatest Smartphones.

Also seems to work without a subscription, which suits me just fine.

The nice part of e.industry ....

Next month the others will have something similar ... for less ...

Interesting concept ....

For me the most interesting part of this is the eSIM. 

On one hand its a good thing, it means a smaller device and interesting use of tech.

On the other hand it also means that the device is also quite easy to lock to the carrier(assumption based on setup procedure) It wouldnt really make a difference based on the subscription charges but its still an interesting concept.

One thing I found with trackers are that the cellular network will always let you down (IoT trackers) and if you go satellite communication, you just put a sheet of paper over it and it can’t communicate with the satellite.

Then there are Sigfox that can work, but again, not a lot of towers around with Sigfox.

In the Netherlands IoT and sigfox works rather well, but that is a first world country and not crap hole south africa.

Edited by Cois

One thing I found with trackers are that the cellular network will always let you down (IoT trackers) and if you go satellite communication, you just put a sheet of paper over it and it can’t communicate with the satellite.

Then there are Sigfox that can work, but again, not a lot of towers around with Sigfox.

In the Netherlands IoT and sigfox works rather well, but that is a first world country and not crap hole south africa.

I'm not familiar with that part of the country. is it nice?

I'm not familiar with that part of the country. is it nice?

Quiet.

They stole a clients truck, killed the drivers and burned the truck. So yes. And the police never found the cargo even though we could tell theme where to find it. Because even the police are to scared to go into the crap hole country