Dream SA Mountain Bike

jacokoe

So I've been wondering if you could buy your dream SA built bike, but being realistic in terms of price....

Titan Racing

Pyga

Signal

Momsen

Silverback - Thanks for the suggestions

Mecer - Thanks for the suggestions

What would it be?

Mine would be the PYGA Stage Max GX set. Which has a great all round setup, great 130mm for a good pop, it allows for relative "easy" climbs, great session down the trails and can also be used in some marathon events even.

Would be really interested to hear what other hubbers think or WISH.

Cheers

Edited by jackoekoe

Mine would be a PYGA Hyrax GX build, if money were no problem then an XO build, just like the one I test rode ????????????????????

So I've been wondering if you could buy your dream SA built bike, but being realistic in terms of price....

Titan Racing

Pyga

Signal

Momsen

What would it be? Mine would be the PYGA Stage Max GX set. Which has a great all round setup, great 130mm for a good pop, it allows for relative "easy" climbs, great session down the trails and can also be used in some marathon events even.

Cheers

From that list of 4 I would go PYGA all day and any day ... which PYGA is irrelevant.

Dave Mercer Steel frame. Karate monkey with sliding dropouts.

Maybe even split the rear stay to run a Belt drive if I felt like it.

see I would be very tempted with a custom Calculus if we going custom or hand built goodies

Momsen and Titan. 

Momsen was my first MTB and Titan my first gravel bike. So either would be fine by me.

Pyga Hyrax for the win!

If it's SA built you are pretty much only looking at Mercer and Pyga, all the other bikes have local roots (FARR and Silverback as well) but they are built oversees.

Morewood and Produx was also built locally.

Edited by hansolo

Built here leaves you with a limited range of Pygas.... I think the Alu framed stuff and the Unicorn poop Mobu.

The rest on that list are not made here. 

I think Mercer, Storm bikes and a few other very bespoke options exist, but outside of Pyga, nothing produced 'en mass'

Built here leaves you with a limited range of Pygas.... I think the Alu framed stuff and the Unicorn poop Mobu.

The rest on that list are not made here. 

I think Mercer, Storm bikes and a few other very bespoke options exist, but outside of Pyga, nothing produced 'en mass'

Are storm the BMX dudes and dudets?

Titan Racing

Pyga

Signal

Momsen

What would it be? Mine would be the PYGA Stage Max GX set. Which has a great all round setup, great 130mm for a good pop, it allows for relative "easy" climbs, great session down the trails and can also be used in some marathon events even.

Cheers

might as well include silverback with that list