Bike Addict- Don't bother buying there after sales support Pathetic!

Hi Guys,

Please be careful buying from Bike Addict here is why,

So i ordered a 1x 12 Sram Group set from them al fair they where the cheapest, got my delivery the rear derailleur was second hand, Phoned and logged a complained because i paid for new parts, They replaced the NX Derailleur and the sales guy Wayne said he is sorry that was a part of a guy that upgraded to an GX group set so they send me that instead.   How do i know this shifter wasn't also secondhand as the derailleur box and shifter box wasn't sealed, the derailleur had scratches on it that is how i saw it was second hand, But now shifter also probably was second hand.

5 Months later my shifter gives issues- as per Sram site there is 2 years warranty on the shifters, i went a bought a GX shifter from my LBS and they fitted it, 

Phoned Bike Addict to replace my shifter/refund because of the issue it has they told me i must use my LBS for the warranty claim- LBS said the shifter is of the bike and that Bike Addict need to send a courier to fetch it for the warranty process, I had to phone them 4 times send them the location address where they need to pickup the broken shifter via email and the manager was supposed to sort it out, been a week and haven't heard any thing from them regarding when courier will be picking up the shifter.

Totally unacceptable service/support from them

Don't know what to do . Any advice? 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice: Buy Shimano

Just Kidding: 

Are you wanting a refund or a replacement for your Original Shifter. It might be quicker to spend R100 and Aramex it to back to Bike-Addict. 

Most shops (Bike and Other) have a organized forward logistics process,but their reverse logistics is slow and in efficient. 

My advice: Buy Shimano

Just Kidding: 

Are you wanting a refund or a replacement for your Original Shifter. It might be quicker to spend R100 and Aramex it to back to Bike-Addict. 

Most shops (Bike and Other) have a organized forward logistics process,but their reverse logistics is slow and in efficient. 

LoL Im going to phone them again and see what they say but it is abit a of a pain, If they give me a replacement its also fine.

Warranty claims are easy generally but something to keep in mind is that the shipping is for the buyers account in a lot of cases. 

Also, good luck with Bike Addict. Never had anything remotely resembling good service from them.

Well they said they will send the courier if they said its fine i need to pay for it sure by all means i would agreed but yes 

My experience with them is the following:

• Often don't have stock of the item and thus it may take while to get delivery to your door.
  • Normally the best price you'll find out there by a decent margin.
  • Ordered an item once and they sent the wrong version of it. They arranged courier to collect incorrect item from me and at the same time sent the correct item to me without hesitation. 

My 2 cents is: if you need something quickly look elsewhere, if you need something cheaply and have patience. Go for bikeaddict :) 

Strange scenario regarding the second hand part, that seems odd, perhaps an honest mistake.

I'm babbling here but I would definitely keep chatting to them and arrange a replacement through warranty. 

Goodluck

I've also burnt my fingers there.

Bought and paid for a new bike only to discover the bike doesn't actually exist, they will build it up with a frame and parts from other bikes. The deal was good so I didn't mind at this stage. I just told them that I'm not a total clown with this stuff so don't send me the wrong parts.

A few weeks later I received the bike with the incorrect stroke shock. Luckily I managed to swop that out directly with the bike manufacturer but it was a long process.

If I had to choose again I would rather pay a bit more. The hassle was more than the R5k I saved.

And here I was eyeing them out of the last few months calculating part prices and things I need for a refurb on my 2 current bikes.

I'll keep looking elsewhere

And here I was eyeing them out of the last few months calculating part prices and things I need for a refurb on my 2 current bikes.

I think give them a try first before going on what others have experienced. I just placed/paid an order with them and yes lets make it known they are slow on turnaround times and they are cheaper on most of the stuff they sell. If its urgent then rather pay premium price same day delivery. I think email them with your order, call them next day to speed it up and then take it from there. There are times when the part you want is not in stock.and this creates further delay. In the end you will decide after the first sale whether you will purchase again or not.

Sorry didn't read your post. Felt very strongly though to give them support after your title basically trashes them. I bought my Scott Sprak RC in '18 without any issue, perfectly helpful they were. And their 10% cash discount pisses on many of the competition. I just bought a stem from them (35mm - not easy to find) and all went well. I've never had issues and encourage anyone to support them. Sorry for your issues - whatever they were.

A mistake.

Robbie YES there are too many bad replies about BikeAddict.

BUT, there are the odd good feedback as well.  Clearly they are "not all bad" ....

Personally I have only supported them "in-store".  MAKE SURE of stock levels before driving through !!!  I have had some GOOD service there, and some "lack-luster" experiences ....

Robbie if the maths add up, arrange for them to get the stock in-store, drive through, check it out, buy a few more items you dont need, then go accross the road (actually next block), and go enjoy 

Cherry Lane Coffee House and Deli ....   :thumbup:   :clap:

PS - I used to take my Jetta to VW Malmesbury for its services.  BikeAddict is across the road ... so had the opportunity to just "experience" the shop on a couple of occasions.  Also have driven there more than once to go pick up stuff.