Handlebar tape

Kate1

I’ve got a road bike and I desperately need to change the handlebar tape I live in Cape Town where can I get handlebar tape and who who’ll do it for me?

A couple of minutes for an experienced "wrapper".

Like the others have said, your LBS will help you.

And Kate, handlebars are one of the three contact points you have with the bike ( the others are saddle and pedals) so don't skimp.

Good bar tape is worth investing in. It one of the cheapest ways of improving your ride.

And Kate, handlebars are one of the three contact points you have with the bike ( the others are saddle and pedals) so don't skimp.

Good bar tape is worth investing in. It one of the cheapest ways of improving your ride.

And with the wide range of tapes it is possible to customize the feel when riding AND to customize the look of the bike ... or just standard black tape to stay under the radar ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a20004433/best-bar-tapes/&ved=2ahUKEwjz3bqhlq3vAhVylFwKHQRRDH8QFjANegQIFRAC&usg=AOvVaw0mJXaBrK6KoERe2eA5opsE&cshid=1615635274579

Edited by ChrisF

Worth looking to double wrap the bars, well at least the tops. You have no idea what a difference it males on the comfort of you ride. Like going from a 23C to a 28C tire. No kidding.

I recently popped some zipp service course bar tape on my road bike. Huge improvement to the stock tape that was fitted to my bike. Thus stuff is so nice, feels like I have a lot more control on the bike and it's more comfortable.