Criminals using pepper spray to knock people off their bicycles

OVERDRIVE

• 3 weeks later...

I was ambushed today, 28 March, in Pretoria. Happened next to to Groenkloof Campus in George Storrar Road (easterly direction). Two attackers, one jumped in front of me and the second was going to attack from behind. Managed to swerve out of the way but got sprayed in the face. I got away, but one second made the difference between serious injuries and just a burning face for two hours. Sick and tired of nonsense like this.

I was ambushed today, 28 March, in Pretoria. Happened next to to Groenkloof Campus in George Storrar Road (easterly direction). Two attackers, one jumped in front of me and the second was going to attack from behind. Managed to swerve out of the way but got sprayed in the face. I got away, but one second made the difference between serious injuries and just a burning face for two hours. Sick and tired of nonsense like this.

Thant sucks cycle there a lot and you generally feel safe in that area. Moved my cycling to wattbike and the occasional cycle in boomed off areas but you can't cycle solo these days