Help - Zwift BT Connectivity

Patchelicious

Help:

Something new has started happening to my Zwift.

My Flux and Ticker seems to connect, but then it immediately says connected but No Signal. This is direct with PC BT.

I have tried to connect via Companion and this works for all of a few seconds and then Companion disconnects and its back to No Signal.

I have done PC reboots, turned the Flux off for extended periods, its the same old thing.

The BT devices seem fine as they connect to the Zwift phone app and Garmin's fine.

Am I missing a basic setting?

Win 10 ?

BT issues after software update all too common ...

Yes Windows 10.

Does it help connecting the BT devices via Control Panel and not just via the Zwift App?

Zwift and Bluetooth have a love hate relationship!

I’ve had same issues and sounds like similar config, Flux, Ticker and Windows 10.

I’ve also got the Tacx Ant+ cable dongle USB and can say it’s rock solid on that!

If I’m only on Zwift then I’ll connect on Ant+ and have no issues.

However, if I’m doing a TrainerRoad workout and want to harvest Zwift drops at the same time I’ll use Ant+ in TrainerRoad and then connect to Zwift via Bluetooth to Ticker and my 4iiii crank power meter also on Bluetooth.

If I try the above and ANY device (mobile phone, Garmin, Mobile app etc.) grabbed was open before I started riding I get you above issue. Connected and the No Signal. If I then close Zwift and go into Windows Control panel and switch Bluetooth off and then back on and then reopen Zwift I have 90% success and off we go.

@Patch, save yourself a lot of pain and if you on PC then go buy Ant+ (it’s 10,000 times more reliable)

And frustratingly, ONLY issues on Zwift. I have zero issues on PC with same Bluetooth on TrainerRoad, FullGaz or Rouvy.

Help:

Something new has started happening to my Zwift.

My Flux and Ticker seems to connect, but then it immediately says connected but No Signal. This is direct with PC BT.

I have tried to connect via Companion and this works for all of a few seconds and then Companion disconnects and its back to No Signal.

I have done PC reboots, turned the Flux off for extended periods, its the same old thing.

The BT devices seem fine as they connect to the Zwift phone app and Garmin's fine.

Am I missing a basic setting?

Am I reading wrong, but are you using your TICKR as a BT bridge?

My 2cents, I gave up on BT via the PC, I run Zwift on the PC and then connect via the companion app on my iphone and never had an issue for over a year now (touch wood). 

I have 2 WIN 10 Laptops both are running latest updates, Both Lenova. On the one, connecting via BT works seamless on the other its a nightmare keeps dropping signal, switching itself off etc etc etc.

I could have redone my entire highschool career with the hours i spent trying to fix it.

Solution = bought a ANT+ dongle - sorted ! Laptop with dongle sits about 3 m from my trainer setup and connects perfectly.

Just to mention - My Laptop i'm using is a work laptop and mostly connected to work via VPN - when its connected to VPN my Zwift companion app won't link - as soon as i disconnect the VPN it connects and works perfectly.

That’s it! Killing mosquito with cannon it is!!

Today my pod Surface stopped recognising it’s own charging port.

Getting a Mac. Will solve this and some other problems.

Edited by Patchelicious

That’s it! Killing mosquito with cannon it is!!

Today my pod Surface stopped recognising it’s own charging port.

Getting a Mac. Will solve this and some other problems.

I don’t know too much about computers, Patch’

My spouse rolls with Win and I with Mac

The amount of aches and pains she has with her PC and Surface compared to the Zen experience I have with my ecosystem

Being a short-term Swift user, hassle-free with a dongle thingie.

I don’t know too much about computers, Patch’

My spouse rolls with Win and I with Mac

The amount of aches and pains she has with her PC and Surface compared to the Zen experience I have with my ecosystem

Being a short-term Swift user, hassle-free with a dongle thingie.

That's the thing, I don't have free stress that I can allocate to this right now (it extends way beyond Zwift, spent 2 days rebuilding the Surface remotely last week)

The IT guys at the office will have a fit, but tough, Mac it is. I have a Mac Air that my wife AWC, so I can take that one back but it will still cost me a new one :D

I’m in I.T. and in a house laden with PC, Mac, iOS, Android.... and more. NONE, are perfect. Sorry.

My new Mac Mini is freezing so often now I’ve even installed a wifi plug behind the cabinet so I can “hard reset” it without getting off the couch! My iMac was ok but suffered with lack of speed. My MacBook Air was rock solid, loved that machine, but it lacked ports and a dongle is only useful when you have it with you.

Do not try Zwift with a Apple TV 4. Even more Bluetooth problems on that puppy. And even when it does work has limited Bluetooth connections.

I’m in I.T. and in a house laden with PC, Mac, iOS, Android.... and more. NONE, are perfect. Sorry.

My new Mac Mini is freezing so often now I’ve even installed a wifi plug behind the cabinet so I can “hard reset” it without getting off the couch! My iMac was ok but suffered with lack of speed. My MacBook Air was rock solid, loved that machine, but it lacked ports and a dongle is only useful when you have it with you.

Do not try Zwift with a Apple TV 4. Even more Bluetooth problems on that puppy. And even when it does work has limited Bluetooth connections.

My Zwift works perfectly with my Apple TV, but like my Air, that doesn’t belong to me either anymore, come to think of it, neither does my Apple Watch. My Air also had to have a dongle, but the Pro has two ports, enough for dual screens and to be powered.

I have migrated away from casting zwift on iphone to apple tv 2nd gen due tomsome lag I experienced.

so now, it’s kickr 1 on ipad with companion on the phone. I have had 2 drop-outs due to network ( wireless) playing up. And I have had 1 weird power reading in the last 3 months.

I have tried the laptop, but it’s a pita to get going, logging in takes about 20 minutes, and the connection via companion is dodgy at the best of times. I also dont have the worlds fastest laptop.

for my measly needs the mobile devices works best thus far. ( I bought a tickr a while ago, and that takes care of hr data nicely buth on garmin and zwift.)