Bike Insurance

Markus66

Might be good to check your policy wording.

https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/buyers-guides/bicycle-insurance-guide/

https://insurance-uk.chainreactioncycles.com/compare/

Not RSA companies, but when it comes to insurance there is generally a lot of overlap

My bike is SPECIFIED and added to my Santam insurance for vehicles and home content.

Bike is covered for replacement value, for which I got a valuation certificate, which was sent to my broker.

Accident damage is covered.

Theft is covered, subject to proof of "forced removal" .... a broken chain, or damage to the garage door ....

If somebody climbs over the wall and steals it from the backyard, without cutting a lock .... not covered

I even checked for "theft from INSIDE the car", as my bike is typically transported inside the vehicle. No chain required inside the car, forced entry into the vehicle is sufficient for a claim.

Anybody with experience to share on Naked Insurance?

Seems to good to be true...

Just my own first hand experience, and admittedly, I prefer the direct to consumer option most of the time - I am very happy with Naked. I insured my bikes with them from when they started, and have since moved household and cars to them also.

Premiums cannot be beaten, and in June last year I needed to claim for a stolen bike, there were no questions asked, and from lodging the claim to collecting my new bike took less than 3 days.

Over Christmas, my cellphone was drowned (even though it was supposed to be waterproof), again, hassle free claim process, and although it was over the Christmas holidays, it only took a few days from claim submission to having my new iPhone dropped off.

Im a very happy customer.

Edited by T_Boss

My bike is SPECIFIED and added to my Santam insurance for vehicles and home content.

Bike is covered for replacement value, for which I got a valuation certificate, which was sent to my broker.

Accident damage is covered.

Theft is covered, subject to proof of "forced removal" .... a broken chain, or damage to the garage door ....

If somebody climbs over the wall and steals it from the backyard, without cutting a lock .... not covered

I even checked for "theft from INSIDE the car", as my bike is typically transported inside the vehicle. No chain required inside the car, forced entry into the vehicle is sufficient for a claim.

Awesome. Point of the matter; as long as you are sufficiently covered. That is all that matters. Don’t want to get any surprises at the claims stage.

Who you choose to get your cover with, and how you choose to insure your bike is completely personal and preferential.

Maybe I start a podcast and spew my opinions on the world

Marry a dimwitted ginger prince and Spotify will pay you zillions to do so....