Parlee RZ7 LE Build Thread

Furbz

That said. 

Parlee is not a known brand in RSA and we will account for this by bringing the price down until the brand is established. We are aiming to be in line with Scott, Giant etc

Internationally Parlee fits into the super premium market.

This is a bit of a slippery line to be on.

I previously sold Volvo. Elsewhere they would be priced alongside the like of BMW and Merc, but for market penetration in SA they were priced cheaper. The end result is that people did not see them in the same class and thought they should be much cheaper than what they were.

The flip side is it did work to some extent in term of market penetration, as a cheaper price with more extras those that did by saw the bargain. And more product in the market = more interest in the product.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I previously sold Volvo. Elsewhere they would be priced alongside the like of BMW and Merc, but for market penetration in SA they were priced cheaper. The end result is that people did not see them in the same class and thought they should be much cheaper than what they were.

The flip side is it did work to some extent in term of market penetration, as a cheaper price with more extras those that did by saw the bargain. And more product in the market = more interest in the product.

So what you saying is ....

He should sell us the bike for 50k , too create market penetration and interest [emoji6]

Is that the frame with the disc covers?

it is indeed.

i have decided for the meantime to keep them off as they are not UCI legal.

that said, riding the bike with them on will surely spark a few on the bike debates and drum up interest

fair point.

but we have to get established somehow

Many years ago, was still at school around 2001/2002, Bicycling had a orange Parlee as most expensive bike, was then around R230-R250K.

Enjoy your Parlee and best of luck with the brand.

Many years ago, was still at school around 2001/2002, Bicycling had a orange Parlee as most expensive bike, was then around R230-R250K.

Ah, the good old days. I've wanted a parlee since around then.

Yeah Parlee has been on my drool list for years.

Maybe not known in SA but I’m sure it won’t take long to make a name for itself[emoji106]

There’s just something special about a Parlee.

5b5a2d2bb543448519ad3cc4ae849f05.jpg

the Z-Zero range is properly eye watering.

top of the line model now is MRP USD17379.

the frameset alone is MRRP USD9569.

All of the available models can be paint customised. starts at around USD550 and goes up from there.

sure you can do it cheaper local, but then you forfeit your warranty.

For all that moola you get a fully custom bike.

We measure you up in full and the frame custom manufactured entirely to your spec.

I do not see a big market for that in RSA...

in the US and Europe they are selling very well.

Edited by Furbz

Yeah Parlee has been on my drool list for years.

Maybe not known in SA but I’m sure it won’t take long to make a name for itself[emoji106]

There’s just something special about a Parlee.

5b5a2d2bb543448519ad3cc4ae849f05.jpg

f*ck me  - that might be the best paint scheme I have ever seen and probably a lot cheaper than the matching Porsche

f*ck me - that might be the best paint scheme I have ever seen and probably a lot cheaper than the matching Porsche

You know you want to. That front end loader is not working anyway....

I seem to remember Two Wheel Trading (of Momsen fame) were importing Parlee at some point, but I am talking 15 odd years ago.

The good old days.

Though new bike every year, retire at age 40...

40 Around the corner, last new bike 2014, last ride 2 months ago, last block of training exceeding 4 weeks 2015, hey that`s life, suck it up buttercup.