Parlee RZ7 LE Build Thread

Furbz

What was the framestweight of the Parlee including the fork?

1521g (size 52cm) according to the images of the weigh-in on page one of the thread?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. I suppose I always thought the bike weight was the get-on-and-ride weight.

Cool, thanks

Frameset, is that including fork as well? 350gram difference between frames is close to 30-35%, thats crazy...

What was the framestweight of the Parlee including the fork?

Yep. that includes the Frame Fork, headset bearings, BB, seatpost, bars and stem.

Frame alone is +-1045G (including cable guides)

Fork alone is +-476G (including cable guides)

Seatpost alone is +-249G - uncut weight (i cut mine after weighinng as it would otherwise not go low enough)

Interestingly the claimed weights of the Madone full frameset is 2kgs. but includes the seatpost.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bikes/madone/madone-slr/madone-slr-disc-frameset/p/29527/?colorCode=black_grey

so the difference is 230G lighter on the frameset

the remaining difference is likely due to GXP crank vs DUB crank and BB, bars and stem combo of the madone is possibly heavier

What the...? This whole time I thought you was in CT.

I also initially thought so, then after one of his posts I a week or so back I checked his location.

Maybe it was the wine cellar that threw all of us

f*ck me  - that might be the best paint scheme I have ever seen and probably a lot cheaper than the matching Porsche

That paint scheme is.........SEXY as hell...... 

Nah, not Porsche - will go nicely with a blue URUS

Which lbs is that Furbz?

I can confirm this is Melovelo.

they recently expanded there shop size to accommodate an impressive service area

What the...? This whole time I thought you was in CT.

my parents are in CT, i try visit as often as i can.

If he was in Cape Town he would have mounted a custom made bespoke flannel handlebar bag....  :ph34r:

and it would be single speed

I also initially thought so, then after one of his posts I a week or so back I checked his location.

Maybe it was the wine cellar that threw all of us

fair point. i will build the next bike by the bins so there will be no confusion regarding where i am located

He bought the spark from a LBS in our neck of the woods.

yep, got the spark from Ridgeway Cycles. i get around...

That paint scheme is.........SEXY as hell...... 

Nah, not Porsche - will go nicely with a blue URUS

its one of those paint schemes that looks a whole heap better in the flesh

i'm working on the URUS. i only need to sell 1million more bikes to make it maybe sorta happen. possibly 

I can confirm this is Melovelo.

they recently expanded there shop size to accommodate an impressive service area

Unlike a certain LBS here in boksburg that moved to a smaller cramped space and still tries to call it a mega store

Unlike a certain LBS here in boksburg that moved to a smaller cramped space and still tries to call it a mega store

And it was such a mission to find it the first time I went there, I dont like that new shop