Duro The Dominator Tubeless Ready Tyres

ansivr

I have ventured into the ebike era.  I am enjoying my commute to work a lot, especially when the south easter is pumping.

I have the Duro Dominator tubeless ready on the bike but somehow I do not have a lot of confidence in them.  Reason being it seems to puncture easily and over bumps etc it bottoms out.  Had a flat yesterday with no puncture to be found but lots of seepage between tire and rim???  Am I right that this is not really a good commuter tire and I should rather go for a little more expensive durable tires??

I have ventured into the ebike era.  I am enjoying my commute to work a lot, especially when the south easter is pumping.

I have the Duro Dominator tubeless ready on the bike but somehow I do not have a lot of confidence in them.  Reason being it seems to puncture easily and over bumps etc it bottoms out.  Had a flat yesterday with no puncture to be found but lots of seepage between tire and rim???  Am I right that this is not really a good commuter tire and I should rather go for a little more expensive durable tires??

DuroTyres Dominator is a MTB tyre, low tread for fast rolling and pretty tough casing. They weight around 750gr for a 2.10 which is pretty heavy. They have a 60tpi casing with a pressure rating of 30psi to 55psi.

Since you're pinch flatting I'd assume that you're running them well below 30psi.

I have used these tyres and find them ideal for summer hardpack trails. They have a slow feel to them when run at pressure below 27psi for my 72kg pandemic weight.

Overall not a bad tyre but not a great one. Its served me well when I've been dirt roading to get around the peninsula on my mtb and makes throwing in an Ou wa pad climb and Tokai descent managable.