Trek OCLV Carbon Road Bikes

DewaldFaber

Good day all, 

I am new to this site so I am hoping my message will reach the correct crowd. From 2000 to 2004 I was big into the road cycling scene... 

I had a couple of road bikes during this period but there were two that stand out for me. Due to me being a nostalgic person I was wondering if someone might still have some old Trek road bike frames gathering dust in a garage somewhere. 

I am specifically looking for the 2000 and 2002 Trek OCLV 5200 Postal Service frames. I will attach some pictures of them as well. If anyone has these bikes/frames available or know of someone who has please let me know. 

Thank you, Dewald. 

faber.dewald@gmail.com

post-180792-0-37752500-1615978135_thumb.jpg

post-180792-0-97554600-1615978140_thumb.jpg

Good day all, 

I am new to this site so I am hoping my message will reach the correct crowd. From 2000 to 2004 I was big into the road cycling scene... 

I had a couple of road bikes during this period but there were two that stand out for me. Due to me being a nostalgic person I was wondering if someone might still have some old Trek road bike frames gathering dust in a garage somewhere. 

I am specifically looking for the 2000 and 2002 Trek OCLV 5200 Postal Service frames. I will attach some pictures of them as well. If anyone has these bikes/frames available or know of someone who has please let me know. 

Thank you, Dewald. 

faber.dewald@gmail.com

Check the classifieds. They're right there:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/road-bikes/462635/trek-5200-oclv-carbon

Maybe not the postal colourway, but the frame is the same.

Check the classifieds. They're right there:

Maybe not the postal colourway, but the frame is the same.

And Cliff at Cycle Art can make it look like that

20 years later and still a damn fine looking frame. No wonder Lance was so good.

It is, it's just heavy. Even for the time it was heavy. A couple of my teammates had them back then.

It is, it's just heavy. Even for the time it was heavy. A couple of my teammates had them back then.

geez you must have had some light bikes back in the day

I rode this dressed in Campy and it weighed 7.7kgs - not particularly light wheels, steel bottle cages etc

I just sold it last week in its original guise weighing 8.8 

This was a 58 frame built in 1999

This was very difficult to let go but quite nicely went off to 2 good homes - one hubber wanted the groupset as he already had the frame and the other guy wanted the frame

Such a comfortable bike

post-81229-0-97215800-1615995076_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-03536400-1615995158_thumb.jpg

Good day all,

Thank you, Dewald.

faber.dewald@gmail.com

These honestly looks so much nicer than modern Treks for me.

These honestly looks so much nicer than modern Treks for me.

This does look good. For me, not long after this, TREK went a bit boring(may have been the whole Lance fan phase) but then when they bought out the new Madone and the supercaliber I starting drooling again.

Man I miss my Rolf Vector Pro wheels!  They were just the best wheels that were ever made in my opinion.  That was before I got fat and started mountain biking...

Good old days when different brands had their own flair and charm. Nowadays every aero bike looks the same regardless of brand. Such a shame!