Safety of Bike Hub payment system & data storage

Grant Greyling

Hi All,

How safe is the Bike Hub payment method? I had a fraudulent debit order go off my account today. Just a few days after giving Bike Hub my Banking details. Maybe Bike Hub can respond. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Best,

Grant

Morning Grant,

I’m sorry to hear of the fraudulent debit order.

Although it’s highly unlikely this is related to your use of Bike Hub Pay, we will investigate further to rule out any chance that it was info was obtained via us.

In the interim please could you share any relevant information with me via matt@bikehub.co.za

E.g amount, date and references, etc.

Kind regards

Matt Eagar

Founder - Bike Hub

Hi Grant, 

From a preliminary investigation there are no indications to suggest this could have been via us. However, we will continue investigating to rule out the possibility with absolute certainty.

Just to touch on our approach to security. Although we don't store any credit card data, we take guidance from the requirements outlined by PCI that would apply to organisations storing credit card data. This includes encryption of data in storage and in transit, strict access controls and firewalls in place along with monitoring of all access to the data.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will email you all the relevant information. Thanks for your support.

Best,

Grant