Rockshox Reverb Service

Good day Guys and Girls.

I have a Rockshox Reverb dropper that's getting stuck in the up position.

I have checked that the post hasn't been tightened too much by the clamp holding the dropper so that's not the cause

I have checked the pressures but would like to bleed it again. has anyone had experience with a reliable service department that wont try to take and arm and a leg?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Good day Guys and Girls.

I have checked that the post hasn't been tightened too much by the clamp holding the dropper so that's not the cause

I have checked the pressures but would like to bleed it again. has anyone had experience with a reliable service department that wont try to take and arm and a leg?

Where do you live?

If in the Cape area, I'd take it to Stoke Suspension in Woodstock.

Other options are Cogent Industries in Pretoria or Robbie's Bicycle Concept In PE.

But you have a reverb, it costs arms and legs to maintain.

Good day Guys and Girls.

I just bought a 2nd hand Reverb off BH, I made sure it wasn't the first gen.The 2nd has the Rockshox logo at the top of the shaft, whereas the older one does not. I'ved read the first gen was said to be a really unreliable unit.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm having mine stripped and rebuilt at The Bike Part in Constantia, WC - always had very good experiences with them.

Stoke are really good if in the WC and I'd highly recommened them. But this isn't a fork and should be far simpler for any decent LBS to sort out.

I just bought a 2nd hand Reverb off BH, I made sure it wasn't the first gen.The 2nd has the Rockshox logo at the top of the shaft, whereas the older one does not. I'ved read the first gen was said to be a really unreliable unit.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm having mine stripped and rebuilt at The Bike Part in Constantia, WC - always had very good experiences with them.

Stoke are really good if in the WC and I'd highly recommened them. But this isn't a fork and should be far simpler for any decent LBS to sort out.

The reverb is far more complicated than most of rockshox's entry to mid range forks

It's over engineered to an insane degree and unfortunately has suffered in terms of reliability. That said one in every handful seems to be far more reliable than even cable droppers, that's just one in every handful....

If you want to spend reverb money rather get a bike yoke revive

Have to say I got a old reverb(2015) from a buddy, bled the lever and been going again for a year with no issues.

I have only heard bad things about the reverb, and thought I would use it till it gives in, but so far it has impressed me.

The Reverb is tricky to service.  I don't think many shops would do them in house. The main reason is that if anything is not done 100% right and in sequence you only find out at the end and have to strip it again.  You need the bleed tools and the service parts alone cost almost as much as a cheap dropper. If you don't service there is a good chance that you will damage the sliding tube with the bush in the top cap - similar to the damage you see on fork stanchions.