[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Open Weekend

Delanie

Event Name: Piket-Bo-Berg Open Weekend
When: 17 April 2021 - 18 April 2021
Where: Mouton's Valley Farm, Western Cape
Category: MTB

We’re excited to announce that we’re doing it all again, with the addition of a trail run route this time round.

As with last year’s open weekend, proceeds raised will go toward the Piket-Bo-Berg Residents Association - the usual benefactors of the PBB Cycle Challenge and Trail Run. The association is heavily reliant on the funds generated from the weekend to continue with its development initiatives.

Keen? Of course you are… The eBikers even, yeah, we love you too and you’re more than welcome.

HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

• Nobody’s going racing. It’s not even an event, it’s just a lekker ‘happening’ - a run and ride!
  • Trail Runner’s can tackle an 18km route on Mouton’s Valley Farm. For those wanting something shorter, there are “shortcuts’ off the route.
  • Passes are highly limited (300 per route).
  • There are three distances (45km, 30km, 25km) available with different starting points on three separate farms, offering you the opportunity to tailor your mountain adventure. See the maps below for elevations.
  • If the longer distance is sold out, simply buy a pass for the shorter route and do that first, and then move on to the next farm and route. If you know, you know!
  • The price is the same for all three routes. (You can purchase a ‘DAY PASS’ or a ‘WEEKEND PASS’ which allows you to ride Saturday and Sunday).
  • There will be coffee, soft drinks and food available for sale at the start of Route A (Moutons Valley farm).
  • Each route will have a water point to refill water bottles.

DETAILS

You have to start at the route (45km, 30km, 25km) for which you purchased a pass. This is for us to comply with social distancing protocols.

Route A(45km) will start on Mouton's Valley Farm.

Route B(30km) will start on Bugler's Post Farm.

Route C(25km) will start on Retreat Guest Farm.

Trail Run Route(18km) will start on Mouton's Valley Farm.

RIDING TIMES

• TRAILS OPEN FROM: 7:00
    • Start your first route any time between 7:00 and 10:00 and head over to the next route if you choose to
    • CUT-OFF TIME TO START A NEW ROUTE: 13:00

• TRAILS CLOSE: 18:00

Go to Event Page

hubevents-76793-0-26902500-1616418755_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the trail network open to ride on other weekends?

No. This network is only open for 2 races a year. Due to Covid last year the races were cancelled and they did an open weekend. It was awesome - these trails are something special. This will be the second such open weekend - I am going to be there again. Completely worth the drive for it. Personally I have no interest in doing the stage race or one day race - but I will be there for every one of these open weekends.

Looks like a good excuse not to go to WP road and track a week later on Laingsburg.(24/25) April 

think driving up to that sh1thole I will skip and rather do the Pickerberg

event

Edited by stringbean

It's some awesome real mountain biking. Don't let the distances fool you it's tough but awesome trails. Will definitely be having some fun there again in April just a suggestion... A beer tent! everyone was looking for a beer afterwards. ????????????????

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

It's some awesome real mountain biking. Don't let the distances fool you it's tough but awesome trails. Will definitely be having some fun there again in April just a suggestion... A beer tent! everyone was looking for a beer afterwards.

Wouldn't a beer tent open up all types of social distance/pandemic protocol issues as well as create inebriated drivers (legal driving limit is 0%) on private land and a much bigger mess to clean up?

I'm not a drinker so I don't really understand the need for beer to be a selling point to a good healthy dose of exercise and outdoors. All I see are red flags 

Wouldn't a beer tent open up all types of social distance/pandemic protocol issues as well as create inebriated drivers (legal driving limit is 0%) on private land and a much bigger mess to clean up?

I'm not a drinker so I don't really understand the need for beer to be a selling point to a good healthy dose of exercise and outdoors. All I see are red flags 

2 things

1. (legal driving limit is 0%) - when did this happen? I know it has been spoken about.

2. I don't really understand the need for beer - heathen

2 things

1. (legal driving limit is 0%) - when did this happen? I know it has been spoken about.

2. I don't really understand the need for beer - heathen

You are right, it looks like the 0% shift is only due to be in action from/by the 1st of June.

I still don't understand the need for beer! 

You are right, it looks like the 0% shift is only due to be in action from/by the 1st of June.

It is obvious that there are a lot of things you don't understand. If there is a need to explain it then we can assume you will still not understand it. 

Beer would be nice afterwards.

It is obvious that there are a lot of things you don't understand. If there is a need to explain it then we can assume you will still not understand it. 

Beer would be nice afterwards.

Agreed, but it is quite possible to take your own beer with you and suip a cold one in a cost effective fashion.

some vital info missing in the 1st post. Cost?

or did I miss it?

You need to go to their website, then click on the ENTRY tab to finally see the costs.

VERY cheap.  :thumbup:   :thumbup:   Travel and the rest of the weekend will be way more ....

PS - I find this same convoluted "no price" on the front page thing on most events ...  :wacko:   :thumbdown:   Come on, put out the relevant information on the front page ....

Are we allowed to derail a thread on Monday that is actually a Tuesday ?

There are three types of people :

- SUIP gatte ....

- Those that can drink without becoming a "suip gat" ... 

- Those that prefer to be sober behind a steering wheel (most in the second group do plan for a dedicated driver)

Jokes aside ... Jewbacca is 100% correct in that ANY organised gathering spot, be it a beer tent or a kerkbazaar, opens a WORLD of questions about the "covid protocol" for the "event" ....  With this open weekend format they manage to provide a SAFE space everybody to have an absolute blast on their bikes.  Almost sorry we did go away this past weekend .... let's see if I can "maak n plan" to attend this ....