[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Open Weekend

Delanie

You need to go to their website, then click on the ENTRY tab to finally see the costs.

VERY cheap.  :thumbup:   :thumbup:   Travel and the rest of the weekend will be way more ....

PS - I find this same convoluted "no price" on the front page thing on most events ...  :wacko:   :thumbdown:   Come on, put out the relevant information on the front page ....

Agreed. It's all over the place when things are advertised. Not only events. My first thought is - the seller is embarrassed by the price so they hide it away.

Why must I click click click all over for some vital info?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, it looks like the 0% shift is only due to be in action from/by the 1st of June.

I still don't understand the need for beer!

hey buddy relax it was just a suggestion. If you don't want a beer after a ride nobody is going to force you to drink one.

All I noticed is everyone who finished around the time I did wanted a beer.

hey buddy relax it was just a suggestion. If you don't want a beer after a ride nobody is going to force you to drink one.

All I noticed is everyone who finished around the time I did wanted a beer.

I think you misunderstood my tone. I am super relaxed.

My original point was taking into account the creation of more hoops to jump through to stay covid 'legal' and allow days like this to go ahead despite the current regulations.

The Stage races and 1 day races in the past had fully stocked bars, gin sponsors etc so I don't think it's a case of 'don't know don't care', it's a case of 'if we want this to go ahead, we have to keep it as simple as possible and not create choke points which will create regulation issues'.

But that's my take.

My industry makes me super aware of the  changes and issues which need to be addressed and considered in a massively altered reality.

I'm sure a beer tent would add huge value as well as food stalls and and... but the value just comes at a big risk/regulation headache these days.

Anyway, I hope everyone going thoroughly enjoys the trails. They are really special and absolutely worth the mission, even if there is no beer.

I'm sorry if I came across as anything other than joshing about the beer thing. 

Looks like a good excuse not to go to WP road and track a week later on Laingsburg.(24/25) April 

think driving up to that sh1thole I will skip and rather do the Pickerberg

event

Isnt that WP Laingsburg event for youth riders or did I miss a memo?

Rickus watter verblyf kan julle aanbeveel in die area ?

Edited by ChrisF

Lol...and those shirts....

Whenever I see those shirts I think of this.....

Edited by Kranswurm

• 3 weeks later...

You need to go to their website, then click on the ENTRY tab to finally see the costs.

VERY cheap.  :thumbup:   :thumbup:   Travel and the rest of the weekend will be way more ....

PS - I find this same convoluted "no price" on the front page thing on most events ...  :wacko:   :thumbdown:   Come on, put out the relevant information on the front page ....

Apologies guys - noted. Thanks. 

Passes are available exclusively on Entry Ninja – no passes will be sold on the day.

Cycling Weekend Pass: R450 
Gives you access to all three routes for Saturday & Sunday.

Cycling Day Pass: R250 
Gives you access to all three routes for Saturday OR Sunday 

Trail Run Day Pass: R200
Gives you access to the trail run route on Mouton's Valley Farm for Saturday OR Sunday     
Edited by Delanie

Jis I'm amped for this event.

The Grease Monkey and I plan to do the Mouton's Valley loop on Saturday morning, followed by Buglers Post after lunch. We may have to take a shortcut on the afternoon ride if Mouton's destroys us, but we'll see how it goes.

Jis I'm amped for this event.

The Grease Monkey and I plan to do the Mouton's Valley loop on Saturday morning, followed by Buglers Post after lunch. We may have to take a shortcut on the afternoon ride if Mouton's destroys us, but we'll see how it goes.

Best laid plans. Let's see if the legs hold for that afternoon ride haha

Flipen keen for this event!

Best laid plans. Let's see if the legs hold for that afternoon ride haha

Flipen keen for this event!

Wel dan gaan ons net spur toe.

Ps: moenie my naam ydel gebruik nie.

Edited by PhilipV

Isnt that WP Laingsburg event for youth riders or did I miss a memo?

Its the WP road commission Raod and TT champs for all categories.

Heading through with a couple of mates on Saturday for the day - looking forward to it. Haven't ridden these trails since 2016 which was one helluva day on the bike!