[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Open Weekend

Delanie

Naah, your friends need some cement. And maybe to spend less time on flow trails and add in a rocky trails every now and then.

Damn straight. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekker pics guys, thx.

The feedback I got from some Epic riding marathon bike equipped friends of mine was that they didn't enjoy the trails on the 45 that much. I think it was a combination of technical trail overload and being a bit under-biked with 100mm and brain equipped shocks. I think they just need to HTFU though :-) 

No excuses. haha.  :ph34r:  Last year there was a guy that rode the 45km with us on a rigid hardtail, I think it was single speed as well. Cant remember to well as I was dying from my lack of fitness.

Really upset I couldn't go ride it this year  though. Best mountain biking for  me for sure.

I hope that there could be a second open day later this year...

My mates on scalpels also struggled.  Been telling them for years to get trail bikes.  

I'm surprised, I think a short travel machine with a dropper is the best tool for the job. I've done it on a Sentinel, a hardtail trail bike (silverback Slade), and an SB130 now - and I can honestly say I was overbiked all of those times. It's not that the trails aren't techy - they are. It's just all those short sharp bursts needed on the climbs means I want as little squish as possible. 

I guess it's never as simple as travel. But IMO, a Scalpel SE, Epic Evo, etc. are the perfect bikes for these trails....

Anyway, I had fun on my hardtail and I had fun on the full squish trail bikes, these trails are just superb regardless of the bike you are on. 

Lekker pics guys, thx.

The feedback I got from some Epic riding marathon bike equipped friends of mine was that they didn't enjoy the trails on the 45 that much. I think it was a combination of technical trail overload and being a bit under-biked with 100mm and brain equipped shocks. I think they just need to HTFU though :-) 

Epic EVO worked  great for me.... the 36 oval chainring could lose a tooth or two though!

Previously had a Camber and that was also great. Basically..... I think if it has two wheels, those trails are good fun :)