Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

You won’t believe it, this happened to another guy last month as well, he also created a thread, but unfortunately he did not get the sympathy or answers he wanted so he lambasted everyone else as idiots and morons.

Maybe go read that thread, it has some really good advice, but it does get quite long, so the short of it was for the gentleman, who doesn’t like how the world works and how customer service must apply very differently for him, should just claim from his own insurance.

I think it's the same guy you are talking about.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is entitled to have an own opinion on what the customer service is! "Do you know why you can't have sex on Red Square ??? Because they will torture you with advices.

Why is everyone so eagerly trying to impose their advice and knowledge, if they are not asked for it ???

Hope none of you will have the same experience.

Your last thread it was a Stolen 2018 Cannondale Evo 6, and this one is a 2016? 

Are the facts changing or did you miss represent the value of the bike in the previous thread?

Its now the 1992 model...

Everyone is entitled to have an own opinion on what the customer service is! "Do you know why you can't have sex on Red Square ??? Because they will torture you with advices.

Why is everyone so eagerly trying to impose their advice and knowledge, if they are not asked for it ???

You are not just stating the facts. You said "I would avoid like the plague" You also deemed customer service should cover things not in the contract between you and the service provider. 

I think its just to add a little insight incase someone else was to stumble onto this thread in the future. One of our riders has just had a frame repaired and resprayed here and it looks stunning and the customer service was top notch.

How is your friend coming on with your legal case of suing the shop for your 2018 or 2016 or whatever year you decide it is on the next thread you make bike that you cannot claim on your personal insurance cause your ratio is through he roof from previous claims? Unless you the unluckiest person alive - it happens - this is a red flag to me.

PS: As you say everyone is entitled to their own opinion on customer service. So why you have a meltdown and shout louder when people here done agree with your opinion?

Sort your closet out and get a new bike through your insurance. 

Or take up extreme ironing or something.

Edited by J Wakefield

Your last thread it was a Stolen 2018 Cannondale Evo 6, and this one is a 2016? 

Are the facts changing or did you miss represent the value of the bike in the previous thread?

He does say 1992 now as the actual date of the bike is not known.

Looks like Lance rode 10 speed dura ace in paris in 2003, so who knows.

(I'm guessing it's a bit more recent than that, being "like new" and all)

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/icons-cycling-shimano-dura-ace-7800-234815

With OP changing the dates on the bike model, the are to many coincidences for my liking. 

2020/10/22 CEMEH joins BikeHub

2020/10/24 Single bike gets stolen form BMC *

https://community.bikehub.co.za/stolenbikes/1488-silverback-slider-2019/

4 months later (too the day)

2021/02/24** CEMEH takes his bike to BMC for service (and leaves it there for more than 4 days which seems excessive for a road bike service)

2021/02/28 Single bike gets stolen from BMC and OP tries to claim from stores insurance instead of his own.

* This stolen bike was pointed out by OP in the previous thread 

** This date was stated by OP on the previous thread

He does say 1992 now as the actual date of the bike is not known.

Looks like Lance rode 10 speed dura ace in paris in 2003, so who knows.

(I'm guessing it's a bit more recent than that, being "like new" and all)

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/icons-cycling-shimano-dura-ace-7800-234815

According to BikeRumor its a 2012 model

https://bikerumor.com/2011/05/06/cannondale-unveils-2012-supersix-evo-road-bike-695g-frame/

(if it was the Green 2012 model it would be in "Mint Condition")

With OP changing the dates on the bike model, the are to many coincidences for my liking. 

2021/02/24** CEMEH takes his bike to BMC for service (and leaves it there for more than 4 days which seems excessive for a road bike service)

2021/02/28 Single bike gets stolen from BMC and OP tries to claim from stores insurance instead of his own.

Firstly how relevant is to this thread the manufacturing date of bicycle? 

Secondly the reference to the stolen bike (in October) was made to point out that unfortunately its NOT an isolated incident to that bike shop.

Thirdly its an absurd conspiracy theory, that will fall like the deck of cards, call the shop to confirm

You certainly have a wild fantasy, like George Costanza said it ones: its NOt a lie, if you believe.   

Firstly how relevant is to this thread the manufacturing date of bicycle?

Secondly the reference to the stolen bike (in October) was made to point out that unfortunately its NOT an isolated incident to that bike shop.

Thirdly its an absurd conspiracy theory, that will fall like the deck of cards, call the shop to confirm

The model date is very relavent when estimating the value of the bike when claiming from insurance. Even more so when you're claiming from someone else's insurance