Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing a disclaimer is one aspect... Sadly your bike is gone

Does the shop not have CCTV footage?

Would be interested to know if the staff were investigated?

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

If I was you, make it the cops issue to investigate throughly

This won't guarantee your bike back or replaced but hopefully it will make the shop owners a bit more responsible to ensuse better security measures

Not sure how one respond to this "suggestion" without being really sarcastic

After 2 threads, 75646738789475474 pages(ok maybe a few more but I'm guestimating here), 3 year models, a few morons and other things, I do not recall the OP EVER saying, Hi Guys, My bike was stolen, Please keep a lookout for a Cannondale Supersix with xyz parts, xyz wheelset, xyz colour bar tape and pedals and perhaps any other kind of info which could help one identify his bike. Seems he came to bikehub to share his opinion of customer service and that's that and those who didn't agree were all those other funny things he said. OP, You DEFINITELY haven't made many friends the past few weeks and very few who may now even bother to keep an eye out for your bike sorry to say.

Signing a disclaimer is one aspect... Sadly your bike is gone

Does the shop not have CCTV footage?

Would be interested to know if the staff were investigated?

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

This won't guarantee your bike back or replaced but hopefully it will make the shop owners a bit more responsible to ensuse better security measures

You may have missed the other thread where the OP. 

Originally didn't mention that he signed an "at own risk' Disclaimer

Slated the (unmentioned) bike shop for bad customer service

Threatened to sue them multiple times

Started miss-quoting CPA

Called us Morons and FOOLs for not agreeing with him. 

... all this while having his own insurance which he should have claimed from.

This thread was a take-two on his attempt to get everyone to grab there pitch forks and gather outside the bike shop. 

Not sure how one respond to this "suggestion" without being really sarcastic

I handed the police my Stolen 2017 Cannondale Supersix 7 months ago and they have not been able to wrap up the case. The thief provided fake details *SHOCK HORROR* to  Cash Crusaders and he cannot contact the seller. He is still investigating though.... 

I handed the police my Stolen 2017 Cannondale Supersix 7 months ago and they have not been able to wrap up the case. The thief provided fake details *SHOCK HORROR* to  Cash Crusaders and he cannot contact the seller. He is still investigating though.... 

Similar story with my stolen bike few years back, everything handed on a plate for the police to just wrap up but nothing... Case only got solved because someone I know knows someone who are buddies with the station commander and some unofficial calls were made to plead my case.

Shame man, its a k@k feeling if your bike is stolen. I have been down that road.

Not cool. Did you get a new bike?

Unfortunately not, I had my Bianchi built up through John o Conner when he still worked in Durbanville for that other outfit and I thought my listing of the stolen bike is still on the hub. This happened more than 10 years ago, it was a foreign outfit that operated in the area and the bike was just over a month old. Delayed having insurance done on the bike, learnt a lesson and bike was never to be seen again. It most probably found its way to Malawi, famous for stolen bikes, just like my friend who most recently had his Colnago stolen. His bike appeared on FB market place in a town famous for all sorts of stolen goods. Even with the his efforts of engaging with the local bicycle organizations they could not retrieve the bike. In fact the dude that was selling the bike wanted more for the bike once he found out the owner was looking to have the bike returned. He had his bike insured but because there was no forced entry into his car the insurance declined to pay the bike but out of goodwill returned all his premiums paid.

So, its not a good feeling and you sort of get muddle up in all sorts of theories when the deed is done. After a while clarity sets in, acceptance happens and you move on.

Firstly how relevant is to this thread the manufacturing date of bicycle? 

Secondly the reference to the stolen bike (in October) was made to point out that unfortunately its NOT an isolated incident to that bike shop.

Thirdly its an absurd conspiracy theory, that will fall like the deck of cards, call the shop to confirm

In today's times break ins are not a uncommon at bike shops. I know of a bike shop that has been broken in numerous times by breaking doors, driving a bakkie into the front shop front and and and. 

Its just unfortunate this time it was your bike. 

But F me dude, the way you going on, I would hate to know what happened or the abuse the shop would get if your gears weren't crisp after the service.