Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how one respond to this "suggestion" without being really sarcastic

lets not move focus now boys... why cant the shop supply the most that they can to show that they have done enough to help...

instead you move focus to SAPS... 

Realistically, did someone just walk in as take a bike?

Surely the store should take some ownership around loosing a customers property

Yes there is no need to replace the bike as the customer has signed the little piece of paper...

Store is still hiding behind that little piece of paper though

lets not move focus now boys... why cant the shop supply the most that they can to show that they have done enough to help...

Yes there is no need to replace the bike as the customer has signed the little piece of paper...

Let’s be honest, I don’t think we have got even half the truth from the OP in terms of what the shop did immediately after the theft, in terms of an email, and if so the OP can upload a pic of the email.

Secondly, the way the OP has carried on indicates this person acts as the same in person. So do you think the shop wouldn’t have tried to assist at first, only to receive the same language, accusations that we have seen from him on these threads, and thought, stuff him, he can go claim from his own insurance.

Did you miss the original thread where this whole debacle started?

Let’s be honest, I don’t think we have got even half the truth from the OP in terms of what the shop did immediately after the theft, in terms of an email, and if so the OP can upload a pic of the email.

Secondly, the way the OP has carried on indicates this person acts as the same in person. So do you think the shop wouldn’t have tried to assist at first, only to receive the same language, accusations that we have seen from him on these threads, and thought, stuff him, he can go claim from his own insurance.

If he cannot claim from his Insurance he should make enough from selling the movie rights to buy a new Dale.

Only a movie plot can have all these twists and turns.

I was merely commenting on your faith in the SAPS willingness and ability to help resolve this.

On the rest, feel free to continue to speculate on what the shop & OP should or should not have done, I'm just here for the entertainment.

I was merely commenting on your faith in the SAPS willingness and ability to help resolve this.

On the rest, feel free to continue to speculate on what the shop & OP should or should not have done, I'm just here for the entertainment.

+1

Had more than my turn to get overly involved, now its purely entertainment  :) . 

The model date is very relavent when estimating the value of the bike when claiming from insurance. Even more so when you're claiming from someone else's insurance

Let me make it very clear for you, I did NOT claim from their isurance, (its again an absurd assumpton), they BMC lodge a claim with their insurance knowing that such claim will be entertained, they estimated the replacement value. I had nothing to do with it, hope that will go on record

Let me make it very clear for you, I did NOT claim from their isurance, (its again an absurd assumpton), they BMC lodge a claim with their insurance knowing that such claim will be entertained, they estimated the replacement value. I had nothing to do with it, hope that will go on record

Did you end up claiming from YOUR insurance?

Record duly noted your honor. 

Please don't start with the REASONABLE thing again.  I might just get un-reasonable again ...  :whistling:

Only if I chip in ...... :whistling:  :whistling:

Signing a disclaimer is one aspect... Sadly your bike is gone

Does the shop not have CCTV footage?

Would be interested to know if the staff were investigated?

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

If I was you, make it the cops issue to investigate throughly

This won't guarantee your bike back or replaced but hopefully it will make the shop owners a bit more responsible to ensuse better security measures

Your comment is spot on!