Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

Not often so much good advise is so actively and loudly opposed .....

O.well, the school of hardknocks dont adjust pass rates ....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the pic on Google maps current, the shop with the colours and the hectic security bars and what not..

So I scrolled through some of their pics on Insta .. Yoh that's some sexy work that they do..

Google maps, and Google Pro has a time slider (on most pc web browsers) klick on date in bottom left, the the slider opens in top left ....

Interesting playing with this slider and seeing how a builing grew over a few years ....

Would be interesting to check if this time slider also works on the street view ...

For Cape Town this link is super powerfull for top views https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://citymaps.capetown.gov.za/EGISViewer/&ved=2ahUKEwi7_dfXk8zvAhVGiFwKHUh4AQMQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Z_nDfc_udZlhkBKQIh2Ah

The City has the sooped up version of this, showing side and angled views as well ....

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING ... :)

Edited by ChrisF

I too think the OP does not have insurance. No way anyone will go through all this to recover a loss if they had insurance, especially if it’s not your fault. Next time, read the terms and conditions before you sign. Also, get insurance, Cyclesure offers great service at a reasonable premium.

I too think the OP does not have insurance. No way anyone will go through all this to recover a loss if they had insurance, especially if it’s not your fault. Next time, read the terms and conditions before you sign. Also, get insurance, Cyclesure offers great service at a reasonable premium.

Looking at his other thread on this, he does have insurance. The reason he does not want to claim is because his claims ratio is high and that this claim may just push him over the limit.

Google maps, and Google Pro has a time slider (on most pc web browsers) klick on date in bottom left, the the slider opens in top left ....

Interesting playing with this slider and seeing how a builing grew over a few years ....

Would be interesting to check if this time slider also works on the street view ...

For Cape Town this link is super powerfull for top views https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://citymaps.capetown.gov.za/EGISViewer/&ved=2ahUKEwi7_dfXk8zvAhVGiFwKHUh4AQMQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Z_nDfc_udZlhkBKQIh2Ah

The City has the sooped up version of this, showing side and angled views as well ....

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING ... :)

thanks for that link. its scary how high res the images are, they are higher res than google earth. and to think this is only what is released to the public, they probably have higher res available to themselves.

Not a Franchisee of Crusaders, thus unable to provide you with the invoice.

Back to what I believe is reasonable and expected: I was expecting the following: BMC can get a pre-owned frame, load the same components (cost of labor is zero for them) and satisfy the customer whos heart was broken by unfortunate misfortune, the total cost to them probably would been less than R15k-20k, this is how I would of dealt with my customer!!!

Since it falls on the deaf ears prior: I'M NOT GOING TO CLAIM FROM MY INSURANCE, NEVER. 

I took a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

Customer Service! Customer Service! customer Service!

YOU ARE NOT THEIR CUSTOMER!!!!!!  You WERE a Potential Customer.

How much much have you spent at BMC over the Past 2 Years? my guess Nothing

How much were you doing to spend in the last month... R750

How much are you going to spend at BMC over the next 2 years? my guess Nothing 

If BMC give you anything it is a LOST/Expense to them (not a COST). They have not made a cent profit from you in the past 2 years and never will.

They are able to reduce their 'Bike Service Price' (by R150) by reducing their Operating Expenses (Insurance) by making their Customers (or Potential Customers) insure their own bikes and/or sign an 'At Own Risk Disclaimer'

This is part of their business model and it works for 100% of their customers and 99% of their potential customers.

You just don't get it!

I took a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

You took a decision to use their reduced price product   

You took a decision ( to sign a 'At Own Risk Disclaimer' in order to use their Reduced Price Product)

You took a Risk leaving you bike there for 4 days

The above decisions and risks resulted in a loss (which you say you have have insurance cover for anyway) 

Am I the only one that completely lost the thread of this movie when the Cash Crusaders twist was introduced?

Can someone explain this to me in plain English?

I am not 100% sure about Cash Crusaders, but if you Google the OP cell number(left as that contact on for the stolen bike) you will find a bunch of Gumtree adverts...

I was going to call him to inquire about one of the coffee machines he has for sale and ask him if he could send it to JHB (Pro-Bono) so I could 'Try-before-I-buy'.... when he said 'NO', I was going to say shout 'That's bad customer service!!!!!!"  :ph34r: 

Edited by AdamA

This thread is like a rambling Trump tirade on Twitter. Alternative facts, unjustified indignace, random information thrown in that may or may not be a truth, moaning about people that have a different opinion, deny deny deny etc etc.

But i must admit, even i am getting tired of CEMEH's waffling on and on.

Looking at his other thread on this, he does have insurance. The reason he does not want to claim is because his claims ratio is high and that this claim may just push him over the limit.

There is the crux - his claims ratio is too high. That tells me he is claiming often (one wonders what and why???), which as an insurer, they'd probably get upity and not honor the claim or increase his premiums to a new premium anyway

He knows he's in for a clobber at the insurance gates regardless, which is probably why all this crazy effort. 

But, I'm a pay if forward kind of guy - Where can I send his bag of popcorn to? 

It's Friday. Let's give the dude a break. Could someone please send him a KitKat from me. Just forward me the bill. If that fails please send him a lunchbar obvious!!

Kitkats or Lunchbars? You must be joking!

A reasonable person would send a box of Ferrero Rocher, you better lawyer up!