Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

Customer Service! Customer Service! customer Service!

YOU ARE NOT THEIR CUSTOMER!!!!!! You WERE a Potential Customer.

How much much have you spent at BMC over the Past 2 Years? my guess Nothing

How much were you doing to spend in the last month... R750

How much are you going to spend at BMC over the next 2 years? my guess Nothing

If BMC give you anything it is a LOST/Expense to them (not a COST). They have not made a cent profit from you in the past 2 years and never will.

They are able to reduce their 'Bike Service Price' (by R150) by reducing their Operating Expenses (Insurance) by making their Customers (or Potential Customers) insure their own bikes and/or sign an 'At Own Risk Disclaimer'

This is part of their business model and it works for 100% of their customers and 99% of their potential customers.

You just don't get it!

I took a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

You took a decision to use their reduced price product

You took a decision ( to sign a 'At Own Risk Disclaimer' in order to use their Reduced Price Product)

You took a Risk leaving you bike there for 4 days

The above decisions and risks resulted in a loss (which you say you have have insurance cover for anyway)

Stop making assumptions and basing your arguments on your assumptions. You don't know how much he has spent there and how much he was planning to spend.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not 100% sure about Cash Crusaders, but if you Google the OP cell number(left as that contact on for the stolen bike) you will find a bunch of Gumtree adverts...

The plot thickens... Bit like the Lost/Westworld type tv shows, so much is lost on me but I can't stop watching..

The plot thickens... Bit like the Lost/Westworld type tv shows, so much is lost on me but I can't stop watching..

At the rate this is going I don't even know if there even was a bike anymore .. [emoji1787][emoji6]

Yeah a kitkat.... what kind of CUSTOMER service is that!

Morons

mint flavoured ....

besides, customers know nothing.

I have a compressive insurance of course (only fools don't)

I'm not going to claim

I have already replaced the bike, bought the similar one privately, did not cost me the arm or the leg, happy with my purchase

As for the coffee machine advertised, I recall a similar request last year sometime, a dude indeed wanted to buy the machine under the following conditions: he will pay me R1k deposit, takes the machine with him to his place, uses it and once he's happy of course brings the balance the following week. 

I'm not going to claim

I have already replaced the bike, bought the similar one privately, did not cost me the arm or the leg, happy with my purchase

As for the coffee machine advertised, I recall a similar request last year sometime, a dude indeed wanted to buy the machine under the following conditions: he will pay me R1k deposit, takes the machine with him to his place, uses it and once he's happy of course brings the balance the following week. 

I know you all want to but don't. Please don't

That said - if it gives you a pro bona do it.

Damnit.

Given the nonlinear narrative of this story I am waiting for the revelation that it was actually a 2024 model that was stolen.

2051 in fact

I'm not going to claim

Glad you're back on the bike. Take my advise or don't, still tell your Insurer about the loss, even if you don't claim, as it might still affect your risk ( some insurers ask for claims, other for claims and/or losses). If you don't tell them , it will be seen as material misrepresentation and might affect future claims ( which you don't want as you've clearly been out through the ringer here enough)

I know you all want to but don't. Please don't

That said - if it gives you a pro bona do it.

Damnit.

Woke up late, missed the ride, but having a healthy laughter instead over bono/a, you are very talented boy aren't you? English written skills are commendable, must be a UCT masters graduate. Raw talent )

Woke up late, missed the ride, but having a healthy laughter instead over bono/a, you are *a* very talented boy aren't you? English written skills are commendable, must be a UCT masters graduate. Raw talent )

Ahem... cough cough