4iiii Power Meter

PappaWatTrap

Hi, I'm interested in getting a 4iiii single sided power meter.

I would like to find out what your experience has been with using it and the reliability of it.

As well in your experience what is the life time of such a power meter? 2 years? 4 years?

I had one for 2 years - my first power meter on my road bike. Really solid reliable product and great battery life. No concerns from my side - I think you could carry on using it for 4+ years. 

Have 3 stages powermeter, one of which is 6 years old. works well but battery life is c100 hours max and earlier models had water ingress issues

I would like to find out what your experience has been with using it and the reliability of it.

As well in your experience what is the life time of such a power meter? 2 years? 4 years?

Great product for the price.  Better than the Stages in terms of dropouts.  Been using for 3 years with no complaints.

Obviously dual-sided would have been nicer, but so expensive.

does 4iiii do installation on a supplied crank arm in SA or do I have to send it to the USA?

AFAIK, you send it to 4iiii SA and they ship it to Canada.

Edited by MudLark

No issues after 3 years of use.

It's a strain gauge. Unless water gets into it or it is damaged, it should last practically forever AFAIK. 

I've had a 4iiii single sided power meter for over two years now and absolutely no issues at all. Easy to connect to and calibrate and gives you an adjustable scale factor so you can adjust the power output readings to match your trainer or another power meter that's on a different bike.

I've had a 4iiii single sided power meter for over two years now and absolutely no issues at all. Easy to connect to and calibrate and gives you an adjustable scale factor so you can adjust the power output readings to match your trainer or another power meter that's on a different bike.

What do you even need it for though? :ph34r:

an adjustable scale factor so you can adjust the power output readings to match your trainer or another power meter that's on a different bike.

I had no idea. Where do you find the setting?

I also have a 4iii power meter for several years now and cannot complain at all. I've only had to change the batter once thus far.

Both my rod bikes have one; one since 2016, with no issues after 28k Km.

I bought another, second-hand one, last year which has a problem calibrating (zero offset) via the Garmin device, but works using the 4iiii app.

Battery lasts about 80 hours; I track it on the Garmin gear functionality.

My first 4iiii packed up after a year and half, the supplier gave me a new one, been running now for close to 2 years now with no issues.

My stages gen2 gave up the ghost and I got a 4iiii. will say that changing the battery is far easier on the 4iiii. does what it says on the tin... 

does 4iiii do installation on a supplied crank arm in SA or do I have to send it to the USA?

DIY. It's not that difficult.