Garmin Rally powermeters

Markellis

I'm so not happy with the 2 garmin products I have and I've had so many problems in the past with power meters that putting the two together seems like a really bad idea :D

The only thing I like about the new Rally series is that you can swop the pedal body, so can use for road, then swop body and use for MTB/Gravel.  

Which will probably mean other pedal power meter manufacturers will follow suit at some point.

You can already do it as a hack for the Assioma road and Xpedo MTB body.

It’s the SPD’s that caught my eye really.

Wonder what the price point would be compared to the Assioma route. I believe they the pedal to get when it comes to pedal based meters

i want to love it.

i had the vector 3 pedals.

they got replaced under warranty 3 times. 

when they were working i had constant power dropouts and spikes.

the final warranty replacement i sold them in the sealed box.

i want to want the spd version of these pedals, but after my experience with the Vector 3 pedals i think i'd rather shell out more for the SRM version

Edited by Furbz

Wonder what the price point would be compared to the Assioma route. I believe they the pedal to get when it comes to pedal based meters

Price in the UK- £1059 for the dual sided version. £219 for the pedal bodies conversion kit.

I don't see any reason to replace any of my PMs for one of these products. The spd pedal they say isn't really intended for mountain biking so probably for gravel bikes

Price in the UK- £1059 for the dual sided version. £219 for the pedal bodies conversion kit.

Vok that’s steep

Assioma are with SRM the most accurate and consistent units in the market today. I have been lucky enough to test a large range of units and they always come out on top.

Riders who use them or have have always said the same. Great units and only issue is that the are for now Look only clears but there is Shimano on route.

i want to love it.

i had the vector 3 pedals.

they got replaced under warranty 3 times.

when they were working i had constant power dropouts and spikes.

the final warranty replacement i sold them in the sealed box.

i want to want the spd version of these pedals, but after my experience with the Vector 3 pedals i think i'd rather shell out more for the SRM version

SRM really missed the boat here. They announced their pedals about 18 months ago, but took so long to actually bring them to market that Garmin snuck in. The DC Rainmaker review for the SRM pedals does also not shower them in glory, especially wrt battery life.

SRM really missed the boat here. They announced their pedals about 18 months ago, but took so long to actually bring them to market that Garmin snuck in. The DC Rainmaker review for the SRM pedals does also not shower them in glory, especially wrt battery life.

yeah, they took so long i eventually bought a crank based meter.

i can tell you crank is the gold standard. never had a single hiccup with crank based power meters

yeah, they took so long i eventually bought a crank based meter.

i can tell you crank is the gold standard. never had a single hiccup with crank based power meters

I just bought a Power2max meter for my MTB. Would have had it installed yesterday but the chainring bolts I bought are too long (5mm).

I just bought a Power2max meter for my MTB. Would have had it installed yesterday but the chainring bolts I bought are too long (5mm).

yeah, you need ridiculously short bolts for those. I ended up just filing the bolts I had shorter because I couldn't find any that were short enough.

I don't see any reason to replace any of my PMs for one of these products. The spd pedal they say isn't really intended for mountain biking so probably for gravel bikes

My guess on the reasoning for this is pedals with electronics in them likely won't be as robust as non-power-meter pedals and MTB pedals tend to get bashed on rocks etc. Impressed my Shimano XT pedals have lasted so long.

Been very happy with my Vector 3's but price and high risk of damage would make me hesitant on the SPD versions for MTB.

The Assioma Duo is $800. Got mine a few years ago for about R10k I think. They have been flawless since - haven't even needed a service.

For gravel, a crank-based meter works well enough. I bought a $300 Sigeyi AXO for SRAM Force 1 crank over a year ago and it too has been perfect on my GG.

The Garmin units look good, but are not priced competitively.