Come race your modern gravel bike at NOVA Eroica!

News bot

So much awesomeness, I just wish the Nova was on the Sunday so that we could do both rides over the weekend.

ah but you can

do the short ride early on one of your many fine roadies and then catch the later start on the Nova

So much awesomeness, I just wish the Nova was on the Sunday so that we could do both rides over the weekend.

Or race NOVA on Saturday and plan your own Classic ride Sunday. And remember, there is also the unofficial informal ride Sunday morning. 

I can't believe I'm going to miss this... I'm heading back to GP 1 week before the event ????

I've downloaded the routes. Can one ride the entire route before the event date without upsetting farmers/locals?

I can't believe I'm going to miss this... I'm heading back to GP 1 week before the event

I've downloaded the routes. Can one ride the entire route before the event date without upsetting farmers/locals?

Hi 475. Sorry to hear you'll miss NOVA.

If you've downloaded the 2021 .gxp file please do not attempt to ride the route before the event, or ever without getting permission from all the land owners. Negotiating permission to cross private land is a complex and sometimes tenuous arrangement, and riding the route without permission can jeopardise the event, and getting access in future years. If you'd like to try and arrange access after the event please get in touch with me (0829286586) and I can put you in contact with the relevant people.

In the meantime, if you'd like the ride the NOVA route from previous years, you're welcome to. The route follows public roads. 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/17146581

: )

If you've downloaded the 2021 .gxp file please do not attempt to ride the route before the event, or ever without getting permission from all the land owners. Negotiating permission to cross private land is a complex and sometimes tenuous arrangement, and riding the route without permission can jeopardise the event, and getting access in future years. If you'd like to try and arrange access after the event please get in touch with me (0829286586) and I can put you in contact with the relevant people.

In the meantime, if you'd like the ride the NOVA route from previous years, you're welcome to. The route follows public roads. 

Hi Stan Engelbrecht

Thank you for the response. I thought as much, hence me asking :)

I'll explore the surrounding dirt roads. Thanks for sharing the old route - I'll get that onto my computer too. In any case, the sights are amazing in that part of the world!

:clap:

Hmm, this is the same route as the one on the website? i.e. the website doesn't have the 97km route?

Hmm, this is the same route as the one on the website? i.e. the website doesn't have the 97km route?

The new route is on the Eroica South Africa website, not the NOVA website. 

Have just entered and you’ve reminded me to get a nice flannel shirt - sadly a month is not enough time for me to grow a beard

Remember, it must be artisan craftsmanship hand stitched by a retired peg leg sailor, using material recycled from cloth sacks that once held coffee beans for shipping.

A month is just long enough for me to have a beard, not full. But still a beard of sorts. More pressed on entering though, my birthday on the day and couldn't think of a better way to celebrate!

Well I could, but ........... :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...