SRAM bring AXS wireless ecosystem to GX Eagle drivetrain

News bot

The trim isn’t per gear as I thought, it’s just like the barel ajuster as it impacts all the gears. I was so convinced it was per gear already on my force AXS

you sure, the tutorial with the rep showed we could trim out a specific problem gear. Cold be done via the shifter too. Get the system into trim mode, trim the gear and then exit and it remembers that trim position.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you sure, the tutorial with the rep showed we could trim out a specific problem gear. Cold be done via the shifter too. Get the system into trim mode, trim the gear and then exit and it remembers that trim position.

I’ll look at it more thoroughly later, but the normal technique (hold the wake up button and press the up/down command) impacts all gears, I found out yesterday when trying to fix a little noise at the cassette. First search this popped : https://sram.uservoice.com/forums/923374-sram-axs-mobile/suggestions/38804131-trim-option-per-gear

How many times have I fixed a noise on my force by doing one click here and there thinking I was triming each gear...

I’ll check later on the road bike if the trim position is per gear on the force axs or not, and read the manual see if it’s possible to do it per gear on the eagle axs. Seems stupid if it’s not possible as in my mind it’s the whole point of electronic shifting!

Edit : same on the force, the micro ajustment impacts all the gears. (Same technique described earlier)

Edited by Jbr

Mine arrived today .....

Any tips for a novice bike mechanic?

Spent the whole of Easter sunday installing  :wacko:

The physical installation wasn't so bad actually but when it came to the set-up and adjustment I really struggled.

The main issue was the middle jockey wheel clashing with the 2nd biggest cog on the cassette.(I fitted a new chain which I lengthened by 2 links to accommodate a previously fitted bigger chainring.

Couldn't seem to avoid the clash despite wearing YouTube out!!!

Eventually opted to refit the original shorter chain which worked but left me with indexing problems only to discover that I needed to re-adjust the B screw.

After that and some minor indexing she worked and I had to set about placating Mommy.

Did an 80km ride to Northern Farms with our mtb group and the AXS performed like a steam train - not a beat missed - just have some minor cockpit adjustments to be made and I set to enjoy.

PS

I also installed the new Rocker paddle. Highly recommended!!

Spent the whole of Easter sunday installing  :wacko:

The physical installation wasn't so bad actually but when it came to the set-up and adjustment I really struggled.

The main issue was the middle jockey wheel clashing with the 2nd biggest cog on the cassette.(I fitted a new chain which I lengthened by 2 links to accommodate a previously fitted bigger chainring.

Couldn't seem to avoid the clash despite wearing YouTube out!!!

Eventually opted to refit the original shorter chain which worked but left me with indexing problems only to discover that I needed to re-adjust the B screw.

After that and some minor indexing she worked and I had to set about placating Mommy.

Did an 80km ride to Northern Farms with our mtb group and the AXS performed like a steam train - not a beat missed - just have some minor cockpit adjustments to be made and I set to enjoy.

PS

I also installed the new Rocker paddle. Highly recommended!!

did you do it at 30% sag ?

how did you do the B-limit screw ? you did the 3mm gap or used the provided tool ?

Edited by Jbr

did you do it at 30% sag ?

how did you do the B-limit screw ? you did the 3mm gap or used the provided tool ?

I didn't do it at the 30% sag - good point though it seems to be working well (must the B screw be set while at 30%?)

I used the provided tool.

I didn't do it at the 30% sag - good point though it seems to be working well (must the B screw be set while at 30%?)

I used the provided tool.

Yes

I so don't need this...But oh sooooo badly want to do the upgrade

My current mechanical GX ain't bad bad although I was considering transitioning to the M8100 XT setup for shift crispness however, this seems to be a total game changer...Damn you SRAM for tempting us with this!

Edited by Charlie600

I first rode it without doing the sag and doing the 3mm visually (more like 5mm) and it worked fine, did it again with the sag (took most of the pressure out the shock but still had to apply pressure to keep the shock at 30% sag) it works just as good ;) can’t say it works better or worse but when in doubt, just follow the manual ????

I so don't need this...But oh sooooo badly want to do the upgrade

My current mechanical GX ain't bad bad although I was considering transitioning to the M8100 XT setup for shift crispness however, this seems to be a total game changer...Damn you SRAM for tempting us with this!

Sorry to tell you this... but it is game changer. I loved my force axs on the road bike from the start so I was expecting to like it but I’m really impressed on how much it makes a difference, now I just want to ride my mtb every day...