SRAM bring AXS wireless ecosystem to GX Eagle drivetrain

News bot

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coin cell battery life is a bit of a lottery. I've had Duracell 2032's last a year in my PM and the same brand also last 3 weeks. Duracell is generally better than the rest. Garmin voltage readings are right but its idea of critical needs a little bit of work as the Lithium 2450 in my P2M has been critical for 2months now LOL.

When i checked the app it showed 45% life remaining. 

Coin cells also have a tendency to bounce back. The Garmin tells me speed sensor battery is low then for the next 2 weeks it says nothing...

As far as the AXS battery is concerned, the 20 hrs quoted life span is taken from continuous use. I.e. when they calculated the required life they take the max current draw and apply that to the capacity x a usage factor of say 80%. Nobody shifts continuously. Some folks are getting up to 40hrs

I now carry a 2032 with me on the road bike. Because the last time my garmin told me critical, two shifts later the shifter wasn't working anymore ;)

When the garmin tells me my derailleur battery is low I usually still can go a while. but on the road bike it's no problem as you carry two batteries.

Slightly off topic but assistance from all the knowledgeable people here is appreciated.

My bike currently has SRAM Eagle AXS with a 10 x 50 cassette. It is a 2020 model but the latest version is a 10 x 52 cassette. I want to purchase a spare cassette so my question is, is the 10x52 cassette backwards compatible . The SRAM website indicates that it is, but I have also heard that it is not. Don't want to have to replace derailleur or other components.

Thanks

Slightly off topic but assistance from all the knowledgeable people here is appreciated.

My bike currently has SRAM Eagle AXS with a 10 x 50 cassette. It is a 2020 model but the latest version is a 10 x 52 cassette. I want to purchase a spare cassette so my question is, is the 10x52 cassette backwards compatible . The SRAM website indicates that it is, but I have also heard that it is not. Don't want to have to replace derailleur or other components.

Thanks

All AXS derailleurs are compatible with the 10-52t cassettes. 

All of the AXS derailleurs are all compatible with the 10-52 cassettes. It was a big "selling point" when the 520% cassettes were released that X01, and XX1 AXS was compatible.

may be wise to carry a spare battery on longer events...or just carry one anyway since they weigh very little [but cost a lot]

Been riding the AXS for awhile now, it's an easy check on the app to see how much juice the batteries in the whole eco system are holding. When they do start to go you could easily finish a stage.

Lifesavers for your shifter are the coin batteries in your HR strap or PM perhaps that use the same 2032 batteries. For the AXS RD if you running an AXS dropper you could swap out those batteries if you're stuck. 

Battery on the app showing approx. 80% full. Garmin saying about the same and derailleur light still on green. 17hrs of riding....

I ride the rockshox axs dropper and the xx1 axs group, so always have a swop battery option to keep the derailleur moving. Same on the road front to back swop as the rear does more shifts.

That been said the 20 hours is pretty real.

I see SRAM have now pre-released the Rival AXS e-tap (disc only), I wonder if Shimano will release Di2 in 105 Groupset

Edited by Dexter-morgan

• 1 month later...

So I have the opportunity to get an upgrade kit at a reduced price, do the guys that have gone this route think it's worth it? I currently ride Eagle X01 mechanical on the mtb and Force AXS on the road bike.

52 minutes ago, michaelbiker said:

So I have the opportunity to get an upgrade kit at a reduced price, do the guys that have gone this route think it's worth it? I currently ride Eagle X01 mechanical on the mtb and Force AXS on the road bike.

Yes, I recently went from XO1 Mechanical Eagle to GX AXS, I am very happy with it.