Long Weekend MTB away - suggestions please

JBK

1 hour ago, Roul said:

Magoebaskloof, with the upcoming Magoeba Trek the trails should be marked and maintained?

Looking now. Definitely close enough and that part of the world is really beautiful. 

The green loop looks good. 22km distance is fine but that elevation.... yoh.

having thought a bit more my 2c is as follows. Book accom at either Champagne valley or alpine heath side. All out adventures has 2-3 days of riding if you are wanting to do around 30km a day. Champagne valley side has Cathkin trails and other trails from the brewery. All are great trails. There are more accom option champagne sports side. Both are pretty safe in my opinion.

https://www.drakensbergtrails.co.za/  - All out adventure near alpine heath

Another one would be to do 2 days at mankele and 2 days at tranquilitas in Waterval boven.

Edited by dave303e

• 6 months later...

Back to this one again. 

Decided on Bergville but I see the last post from Cathkin Trails is that they closed the trails in December due to flood damage. 

I can't find any further information about this. Anyone know? 

Underberg / Sani Spoors has some great trails and there is also Drak Gardens that has a cool loop.