Zwift - Tour Of Watopia 2021

RocknRolla

This year's event is kicking off at 6pm local time tonight.

I see some 6 000 people have already committed to the 3 distances, which makes me think that it would be prudent to perhaps rather go for the 7pm event.

Same format as TDZ, where there are distance options for each of the stages.

I will be attempting to do both distances each week (Keep in mind the stages do not start on the same day each week, but starts consecutively after each other.) 

post-24416-0-83899000-1617014828_thumb.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 1 done.

Typical tour ride... pace is much higher that I anticipated. Got my start sorted, but after about 5 mins the groups just all start pulling away...

Settled in a group at around 120, where I stayed for the entire ride. Still, ave HR was very high. 

This month and last saw quite a drip in my training time, and It certainly showed yesterday.

Met The_Bob in the ride.

Will do the sorter ride this afternoon.

Hmm, I forgot about this. I'll try to get stages 1 and 2 done this long weekend. Will see if I get time for the rest

Jaaaa, "problem" is that it's classified as group rides, not races. There's not even a post-ride classification in Companion.
So I, for one, just pitched up and rode after weekend of training and a crappy work day. So sort-of did not even chase breaks, just settled in and had a lekker ride. Still ahead of by far most of the 4000 on the ride. But when some of the guys started sprinting in the last couple 100m I thought that it's like guys riding each other into the railings to compete for 7 000th place in the Argus.

Same for the run. I had that yesterday evening and simply ran, till close to the end where two of us had a short dice to the finish just for giggles.

Jaaaa, "problem" is that it's classified as group rides, not races. There's not even a post-ride classification in Companion.

So I, for one, just pitched up and rode after weekend of training and a crappy work day. So sort-of did not even chase breaks, just settled in and had a lekker ride. Still ahead of by far most of the 4000 on the ride. But when some of the guys started sprinting in the last couple 100m I thought that it's like guys riding each other into the railings to compete for 7 000th place in the Argus.

Same for the run. I had that yesterday evening and simply ran, till close to the end where two of us had a short dice to the finish just for giggles.

It's more of a personal goal for me. I know there is no way I'm finishing in the top, but I still like to see what the final number is, because if they did not put that position indicator thingy, it would not have been an issue.

All in the name of fun for me, seeing that I'm not doing any real life events, this gets my inner competitiveness nicely going (it's hidden quite far down in general)

Gonna try do the same as RNR and complete the short and long rides. Yesterday's pace was pretty brutal in the 16:00 long route. Going to take it much easier today

Gonna try do the same as RNR and complete the short and long rides. Yesterday's pace was pretty brutal in the 16:00 long route. Going to take it much easier today

Whatevs...  :D

I did the 6pm opener, with thousands of others. I thought there would be dropout and other issues, but they kept it nice and stable on the IOS platform.

The route was pleasant, with the Zwift KOM as the only little climb, and I worked hard to gain about 1000 places, and finish with the first 3170 or so. Lol [emoji23]

So the shorter ride was much harder for me than the longer, held on nicely till we hit the hills, and got dropped like polystyrene at a taxi rank... tried to get the group back but 16 secs behind had me almost giving up.

I’m considering doing the rides again for the rest of the week, just for the xp...( which os basically only tomorrow) as the long weekend will hopefully have nice weather and lots of riding in RL

So the shorter ride was much harder for me than the longer, held on nicely till we hit the hills, and got dropped like polystyrene at a taxi rank... tried to get the group back but 16 secs behind had me almost giving up.

I’m considering doing the rides again for the rest of the week, just for the xp...( which os basically only tomorrow) as the long weekend will hopefully have nice weather and lots of riding in RL

we  have a poet in our midst. who knew?

Anyone know if you can import this these events into Trainingpeaks?

I've tried downloading the calendar file from Zwift and importing it into TP but no luck