Maxima ( Blue) waterproof grease available in SA ?

RomP

Hi Hubbers.

Anyone know if the blue Maxima Waterproof Grease is available locally ?

There used to be a Maxima agent in JHB, can't find their details anymore though.

Does it have to be Maxima? I get Belray waterproof grease, most motorbike shopd should have it

Just fyi, it is also blue, in a blue tub and all as well

I also use this. A very nice grease for headsets, SPD pedals, hubs, etc. I haven't had any issues with it.

I also use this. A very nice grease for headsets, SPD pedals, hubs, etc. I haven't had any issues with it.

Me 2, large tub of belray lasts years.

I use a few grease options. This one is great for spd and volume applications.

Edited by BMXER

Why doe sit have to be Maxima? What is the application?

have heard only great reviews.. Certain parts i want to see how much grease is still on and the colour helps with the blue. Looks like the Maxima is the only non "natural" colour. 

Thx all. I was not aware that the Belray was also "blue"....I prefer the blue as one can see where and how much grease is on parts. I'm now splitting hairs but It helps sometimes to see what sections of greased parts are dirty and whats still clean.  Not everyone will understand this, but there may be a few pedantic people out there that may know what I'm trying to say.  :blink: 

The guys at Enduro Shop in boksburg got me a tub of motorex fett 2000 grease.They have stock from what I saw. Green in colour. Also a good grease if you want to split hair over grease????

Isn't all grease waterproof?

Some much more that others, hence marine specific greases

So any marine grade grease will be dyed blue to indicate its for marine use.

basically you looking for lithium soap grease. You can get great products that meet your needs at midas. fforbicycle bearings nlgi 1 is a good consistency

Yamalube waterproof grease is blue and available at any Yamaha dealer, pretty cheap as well last I bought it.

I use this; quite thick and sticky though.  Those who say "waterproof" Johan Borman will come to haunt you; he maintained that there was no such thing and no one argued with Johan and won that I saw.