Converting Cannondale F4 Trail MTB to gravel bike - advice on rigid fork

On 4/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, Jewbacca said:

hahahahahahaha

It is a super cool little bike. I am in a similar boat. Thinning the herd and it is the 'least practical' so is 1st on the list of bike things that need to go. (He says while not actually advertising it)

It's so cool she might think it's cute and let you keep it!

Some inspiration

https://escapecollective.com/joy-rides-a-saeco-inspired-cannondale-hooligan/

@Jewbacca. @Sid the Sloth  @King_Crispy

On 4/27/2021 at 9:22 AM, JH Vagrant said:

Thanks for the advice Jewbacca - the challenge seems to be the 1.5inch steerer fube. Can one find that size, or willI have to go with 1,1/8 and then use shims or something?

@JH Vagrant I have a Cannondale headset adaptor cups from 1/5th to 1/8th for sale if you're keen.

58 minutes ago, AR SLABBERT said:

@JH Vagrant I have a Cannondale headset adaptor cups from 1/5th to 1/8th for sale if you're keen.

edit

Edited by Mongoose!

gearing for me was the biggest issue, i wanted to reuse my current MTB drive train.. ended up going Rival\GX ASX. Party at the back business in front :) 

While I love Monstercross builds, I don't much see the point of them if you're not running MTB tyres, a dropper, suspension, or something else that's MTB-specific. In that instance you just went through a LOT of hassle to build a gravel bike. 

Or you are planning on riding through peanut butter mud and need a LOT of tyre clearance permanently.

That Epic build is sweet though.

5 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

While I love Monstercross builds, I don't much see the point of them if you're not running MTB tyres, a dropper, suspension, or something else that's MTB-specific. In that instance you just went through a LOT of hassle to build a gravel bike. 

Or you are planning on riding through peanut butter mud and need a LOT of tyre clearance permanently.

That Epic build is sweet though.

to be 100% honest I only went down this road because my local Spez guys had zero stock, I really wanted a Diverge comp

I agree its way over kill however I do see a use case for converting based on how expensive new bikes are. 

Edited by MORNE1102

Monstercross builds are much cooler than stock gravel bikes. I have also realized that I'd rather pay the weight penalty and run MTB wheels (even on my gravel bikes) and have that surety that if I do get rowdy I won't break it, so you've got that as bonus with your build too.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, AR SLABBERT said:

Yes please! ow much do you want? Incl Postnet charges, I'm in Stellenbosch.

Easier way to communicate? Whatsapp?

1 hour ago, JH Vagrant said:

Yes please! ow much do you want? Incl Postnet charges, I'm in Stellenbosch.

Easier way to communicate? Whatsapp?

Hi @JH Vagrant drop me a WhatsApp 0832568744