Karkloof trail reccomendations?

HaydenWilson

I am planning on riding at karkloof sometime this month and am looking for reccomendations for fast fun flow trails with jumps that are currently running clear. Trailforks is great. But karkloof is monstrously complicated so i have no idea whats nice to ride at present. I have hit isikhova which was loads of fun and i would love more like that! Any reccomendations on routes and how to link them up would be hugely helpful.

I would say the 23 km purple route has most of the fun stuff in. You will hit green wizard, and can either complete the green wizard all the way to the falls, and then climb back up to the start of isikhova using the forestry roads or before the last half of green wizard, take a right onto forestry road 14 (trailforks description) and ride a short bit to the start of isi.

Trek out to the outback trails and start with Rene's Rumble and run all the way back to the clubhouse with that. 

Green Wizard into Isikhova is well worth it. 

The Bachelor is epic and recently revamped. Part of the 30km I think. 

I would say just ride the 50km and do every single thing that points downwards.

Thanks! I am really keen to try the bachelor and just the general area around renes rumble as well.

What is the area close to the fire tower like at present? (Gums lower, kathryns etc.)

Thanks! I am really keen to try the bachelor and just the general area around renes rumble as well.

What is the area close to the fire tower like at present? (Gums lower, kathryns etc.)

was there in December, cant comment on current state, but there was some slippery sections all over... that green stuff is slippery as sunlight liquid

I rode up to fire tower this weekend. I did'nt take Gums or Katheirines down but went down Sheeps Pass. It was a bit overgrown. I think the club guys are concentrating on maintenance more on the Karkloof side. There are some trail closed signs around Puffadder and Back of beyond. I'd rather ride the Outback from Karkloof side.