947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

post-63970-0-34509900-1617863400_thumb.png

Who is the Title Sponsor?

I suppose seeing as it's called the 947 RideJoburg, it must be the radio station.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who can advise how technical the 50km MTB route is? I have some friends who would like to join, but are worried about their technical abilities.

Anyone who can advise how technical the 50km MTB route is? I have some friends who would like to join, but are worried about their technical abilities.

From the website:

But do not be deceived. Even though the distance is only 50 km, it packs an elevation punch of 800 metres! The trails are delightfully diverse with around 75% singletrack connected via sections of gravel roads and cement golf pathways. Trails pass through grassland and lush river sections with sharp punchy climbs keeping riders on their toes. Where else can you experience the freedom of nature right in the middle of the Urban Joburg Jungle? This is proper mountain biking for the true mountain biker at heart.

When they started using Steyn City, they only released the actual route around a week before the event. So I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer of how technical it will be.

Seeing that this is in over 6 months time, I would say you can definitely train to get to the level needed to complete the route. There may even be a training guide that they release to help with fitness. Take the plunge and give it a go!

From the website:

When they started using Steyn City, they only released the actual route around a week before the event. So I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer of how technical it will be.

Seeing that this is in over 6 months time, I would say you can definitely train to get to the level needed to complete the route. There may even be a training guide that they release to help with fitness. Take the plunge and give it a go!

Thanks Shahilj, not too worried about myself, just a couple of my mates which only has interest in riding road or non-technical routes. Will get them up to scratch by then, I think the Buffel route at Buffelsdrift should be a good measuring stick.

Did it last year, not very technical

From the website:

I rode it last year, it's not very technical, nothing worse than you get at a place like Northern Farms.

I rode it in 2019, there was nothing technical on the route, the elevation for me was the biggest challenge, if they can ride the Buffel route they will EASILY handle the 947 route

WHAT THE !?!?!!??!!

He likes to communicate in acronyms.

Ad = Advert

DNE = Does not exist

WHAT THE !?!?!!??!!

LOL.

I grew up in the generation before smartphones, even before MxIT made a name for itself. Had to keep the SMSs below whatever the character count was in order to avoid spilling over into a second SMS. Sometimes the habit kicks in.