947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

15 hours ago, Roland colavizza said:

I would love to do the ctct , I really thought the expo was poorly thought out, they didn't even have basic bicycle components on offer , only supplements ,and clothing, really boring good thing I passed cycle lab on my way to the expo .

To be honest I don't think that I have ever bought anything at these Expos except for food or coffee. There are normally so many people clustered around each exhibitor and I hate making snap purchases. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, I FLY said:

To be honest I don't think that I have ever bought anything at these Expos except for food or coffee. There are normally so many people clustered around each exhibitor and I hate making snap purchases. 

Expos are for panic shopping - 45 gels to get you through a race you haven't trained for. The explosive diarrhea you experience along the way helps to improve your watts/kg!

48 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Expos are for panic shopping - 45 gels to get you through a race you haven't trained for. The explosive diarrhea you experience along the way helps to improve your watts/kg!

Known as the Watts ****s

On 11/24/2021 at 4:09 PM, Danger Dassie said:

This is pretty interesting, and quite valid.  Were you not CSA head of MTB not too long ago? 

Yebbo, then I saw the writing on the wall... the stories I could tell....

12 minutes ago, Brett MTBer said:

Yebbo, then I saw the writing on the wall... the stories I could tell....

Oh plenty. Whilst not beyond reproach, the new people under Ciska are making an effort at least and Gauteng for example is seeing some kind of proactive representation. 
Uphill battle considering the nonsense that has been going on the last few previous years. Compounded by the politics involved between past and present members.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:15 PM, Alastair_S1D said:

That is our rider Jayde Julius. He is not in ICU. He has some bruises and some road rash but other than thay he is intact. He finished the race although he was our hopeful for a win. 

Is holding onto someone's hand like that not illegal? It looks like a sticky bottle without a bottle. Are there any consequences for this behavior? Especially when it is caught on camera... 

Edited by Sid the Sloth
Maybe I am wrong, looks like he has a sticky gel or something being put in his pocket. I was sent two different videos of what look like the same Merc pacing riders back into the bunch as well.

if he does hold hands it's not even 1 sec haha, compared to what you see in pro events it's nothing and not much of an advantage. The crash though... and you can tell the rider saw the gap and despite that still gets it wrong... could have been really really bad with that car right next to him!

Edited by Jbr

https://www.cyclingsa.com/review-panel-report-947-ride-joburg-elite-womens-race/

CONCLUSION

The conclusion of this Review Panel is that the Commissaires followed protocol and performed their duties with regard to this incident in accordance with the UCI Cycling Regulations. They were bound to impose a sanction on Emma Pallant Browne for having deviated from the prescribed course and that her disqualification from the race was imposed in accordance with the UCI Cycling Regulations.

Accordingly, the objection raised by Emma Pallant Browne has been dismissed.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, Sid the Sloth said:

Is holding onto someone's hand like that not illegal? It looks like a sticky bottle without a bottle. Are there any consequences for this behavior? Especially when it is caught on camera... 

You can see he went away with a gel or a bar, shoving it into his jersey. And it wasn't more than a second or two. So no nothing illegal.

• 1 year later...

Seedings for 2023 being sent out. Just like last year, a right royal mess up.

Rode an easy 3.40 last year only to be rewarded with a CC batch seeding. 

Seeding query lodged.

Same here! Why is the seeding a mess every year?

Have also lodged a seeding query. I see seeding queries close tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I havent received a seeding email, but I helped a guy at work enter and received his seeding email.

I received my seeding, I think the bulk will come through as soon as entries have closed.

Did a 3:08 last year, seeded in I for this year. I'm not too clued up on how the seeding works, is I ok or should I be asking to go earlier? I would like to go for a sub 3

Just now, thebob said:

Did a 3:08 last year, seeded in I for this year. I'm not too clued up on how the seeding works, is I ok or should I be asking to go earlier? I would like to go for a sub 3

My wife did a 3:57 last year and got F, I got L