Bicycle Bibs

ChristopherJames

Use them on the stationery training trainer at home. Get a new pair to wear in public.

Retirement is a fact of life.

Mate, this is happening to R4000 bib shorts after about 10 use/ wash cycles. Bit soon for retirement, no ?

Mate, this is happening to R4000 bib shorts after about 10 use/ wash cycles. Bit soon for retirement, no ?

Yip, I have 3 pairs of assos bibs reserved for indoor use. I raced them, trained hard and now see through. They were great and had a hard life.

Bought a few new pairs, retirement for the old set.

Tyres wear, groupsets wear. That's life.

10 washes indicates a washing day problem, or you made a concious decision to wash your bibs once a year...

Edited by BMXER

Yip, I have 3 pairs of assos bibs reserved for indoor use. I raced them, trained hard and now see through. They were great and had a hard life.

Bought a few new pairs, retirement for the old set.

Tyres wear, groupsets wear. That's life.

So you've retired your bib shorts after using them only 10 times then ? BS...

My assos bibs last about 4 years. 20 plus hours a week incl weekend racing. Machine washed in a cold wash at low spin. I pop mine in a pillow case and knot it tight. Hang in the shade to dry.

Thin fabric in the back at 4 years, pad is still 120%.

If you only getting 10 wash cycles, you doing something wrong...

Wash in a laundry bag/pillow case. Cold/low temp wash. I use a biodegradable/sensitive skin soap. Wash inside out and dry inside out. Dry in the shade, sun eats fabrics.

ive been riding Rapid Sport bibs since 2014. Still have the first one I bought. its now retired to indoor spinning. but have had zero problems.

Can justify R4k on bibs. and my missus certainly wont.

There is sun damage to the top part of the legs,not underneath ,and that back area not covered by you shirt .Also the back area does not move that much like your legs and at some point in your ride there will be full sun on that area .On my T range warmer assos  bib that area looks like it got burned .It is a different fabric than the summer assos bibs