Ergon SM Comp Saddle

Dappere

Hi, 

I have been looking to replace my current saddle. Previous saddle got a bit damaged in a crash and due to stock shortage, I am not able to find the exact one which was damaged in the crash, I settled for the Pro Turnix AF 142MM. 

The Pro Turnix AF isn't bad by any standard, it just doesn't offer the same level of comfort I had on my Selle Italia. Especially on longer rides; > 4 hours. 

I mate recommended I look at the Ergon SM Comp Saddle. Does anyone own one?

• What is your experience with the saddle?
  • What is the saddle stack height?

--

Bit about my riding. I ride mostly XC / Marathon. +- 4. Areas I mostly ride: Botties, Jonkers. 

Selle italia saddles are a great choice, I currently riding the same saddle on my road and mtb - selle italia slr kit carbonio flow.

Selle italia have recently redone their range so choosing the right saddle is a little more difficult.

Also the "leather" has been enhanced, sadly the white has less longevity than before.

What model was the Selle Italia?

Flite boost, superflow. I can’t seem to find the width I need. So thinking the Ergon SM saddle might be a good alternative.

Selle italia saddles are a great choice, I currently riding the same saddle on my road and mtb - selle italia slr kit carbonio flow.

Selle italia have recently redone their range so choosing the right saddle is a little more difficult.

Also the "leather" has been enhanced, sadly the white has less longevity than before.

I have heard the newer Selle Italia saddles aren’t as durable as the older ones. Might that be something to do with them becoming more “green”. Recycling more and using materials that can by naturally broken down.

Read something about that a while back. Not sure if that could be a potential reason.

Update on the Ergon SM Comp Saddle. Received the saddle late last week. Have done two rides on it, one longer (> 4 hours), one shorter (< 2 hours). 

So far saddle is comfortable. The flat shape, with rise that the back works well, rise at the back seems to give some support when climbing. I would've liked it the rise was a little higher though, the Pro Turnix saddle I had, rise was a bit higher. Not a deal breaker though.

The saddle has a bit softer padding than previous saddles I owned. Seems to aid in ride comfort, especially on rougher section where you are still seated on the bike - given I ride an XC bike, for people riding bikes with a bit more travel, this might be less of a factor. 

Saddle sizing: If you are use to riding saddles 142mm and smaller. The S/M size would likely work for you. If you are riding saddles around the 144mm and up. The M/L size would likely be better suited.  

Most of my previous saddles were around the 138mm mark. 

Nice addition is the Topeak adapter you get with. I have mounted a light to it. Which works well, especially if you are running a dropper.