Numbness in the hands

100% correct, causes issue with the ulnar nerve in the elbow. Natural hand position is inclined to rotate outwards.

Speaking from experience, this will generally affect the ring/pinky finger, but there may be transferred pain/numbness between nerves.

I have this in my left pinky from time to time. 

I assume something like a shorter stem or the roll of the bar with help?

Could be any of these:

Weight distribution.

Angle/position of lever.

Saddle-bar drop.

Bartape/Grip.

I would guess weight balance or saddle-bar drop are the most likely.

I have this in my left pinky from time to time. 

I assume something like a shorter stem or the roll of the bar with help?

Either of those work, you just need to find a balance.

Trying to find a very flat bar with virtually no rise will probably be the better bet.

I went from a riser bar to a KCNC Darkside bar, have it positioned so it's perfectly flat.

Side note: work ergonomics play a big part in this too. A flat keyboard is not your friend :thumbdown:

My hands have a tendency of cramping with no apparent reason, which then becomes worse when I am riding a bike which is dialed in professionally. I try and change the hands position often during my rides to reduce numbness. That might be the option if all else has been tried. 

I can't seem to find short finger gloves without padding, Farr used to have, but since they abandoned their home country they are no longer available.

Same. I buy what I can find and remove the padding. Or use long finger.

Wrt the gloves, I've used:

1. First Ascent First Break long finger gloves

2. First Ascent Gravel Glove short finger gloves

Both of these have padding.

Bike fit? Yes, twice already (MTB), perhaps time to try a third time?

I've got ESI Extra Chunky grips fitted as well as these guys (https://gpm-sports.co.za/cube/sq-lab/innerbarends.html) to change up my grip every now and then

Might be biceps too big?  :ph34r:

Same. I buy what I can find and remove the padding. Or use long finger.

that an idea, might try this with a pair of older gloves and see how it works out.

Wrt the gloves, I've used:

1. First Ascent First Break long finger gloves

2. First Ascent Gravel Glove short finger gloves

Both of these have padding.

Bike fit? Yes, twice already (MTB), perhaps time to try a third time?

I've got ESI Extra Chunky grips fitted as well as these guys (https://gpm-sports.co.za/cube/sq-lab/innerbarends.html) to change up my grip every now and then

Another vote here for trying no padding. I know there are lots of possible causes, but in my experience padding has been the biggest culprit. 

I ordered a set of gloves online, didn't know it had padding, within 30mins hand numbness - with other gloves I am perfectly fine. 

Of all the solutions this would be the easiest and cheapest to try. If it makes no difference you haven't lost anything....