Opinions on Pivot Frames

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I saw that one, however still does not tell me if they are good and value for money or not?

I see they do offer a 10 year warranty. 

No looking for a complete bike, looking at a build project. 

Thanks, I saw that one, however still does not tell me if they are good and value for money or not?

I see they do offer a 10 year warranty.

No looking for a complete bike, looking at a build project.

Very good frames. But value is not usually used when talking about Pivot. It's a boutique(ish) brand in the same bracket SC and the like.

If you can afford them, and want something a bit more unique - go for it.

Do a google on the frameset you are looking for, lots of reviews on PinkBike, Vital, etc. Nit a big brand locally, but you'll find lots of info internationally. Get Stoked is the distributor, they are solid, so your aftersales service will be good.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

A lot heavier than they look , have A friend that has A Phoenix and it looks baller but weighs an absolute ton , and the frame itself feels very thick ( and solid ) but I'm dead sure they weigh atleast 20% more than what it looks 

Hi all,

Cant seem to find any info on the forum regarding Pivot frames.

So opinions / views on the Pivot?

https://www.evobikes.co.za/product/pivot-mach-429sl-carbon-frameset-large/

I like not going with the norm, and looking into a bike build.

The above Pivot frame really appeal to my liking.

So bad idea or not?

I bought this exact frame in a small (just the blue color) amd dis a build. As already mentioned the frame is not the lightest. The small frame with shock weighed about 2.5kg - without shock 2.2kg. So if you’re concerned about weight, it’s not the best option. I battled to get a build below 11kg and had the best components money could buy :-)

In terms of the riding... the bike was a dream!! Truely confidence enspiring; so much so that on downhills your confidence exceeds your skills. The bike is truely stable! Climbing wasn’t the best, but riding a small with a 120mm fork does limit my position on the bike.

Unfortunately a hit and run thrashed my bike (frame). If I could get the Pivot SL for the same replacement price I would’ve taken that, but the SL was more expensive and the new Pivot was about to be released.

For the price on offer at Evo, I think it’s a good option if frame weight is not your biggest motivation. If you want a stiff, solid frame this one will be more than good!!

As a replacement I then went for the orbea oiz. Lot more expensive but also nish, light, stiff and I enjoy it more than the Pivot - overall. Downhill the pivot wins hands-down. Overall the orbea is better.

Well known in US. Normally uses the DW-link suspension design and the frame weight is probably because of this design.

Well build frames, with DI2 they were the first frames to incorporate battery storage and ports.

I do like them, just because they are different.

Thanks for the feedback, 

Yep weight is not really an issue, I am looking for something niche that appeals to me for a build, so ended up with the Pivot as a potential viable option. 

Only issue is as per everything, stock and availability. 

I bought this exact frame in a small (just the blue color) amd dis a build. As already mentioned the frame is not the lightest. The small frame with shock weighed about 2.5kg - without shock 2.2kg. So if you’re concerned about weight, it’s not the best option. I battled to get a build below 11kg and had the best components money could buy :-)

In terms of the riding... the bike was a dream!! Truely confidence enspiring; so much so that on downhills your confidence exceeds your skills. The bike is truely stable! Climbing wasn’t the best, but riding a small with a 120mm fork does limit my position on the bike.

Unfortunately a hit and run thrashed my bike (frame). If I could get the Pivot SL for the same replacement price I would’ve taken that, but the SL was more expensive and the new Pivot was about to be released.

For the price on offer at Evo, I think it’s a good option if frame weight is not your biggest motivation. If you want a stiff, solid frame this one will be more than good!!

As a replacement I then went for the orbea oiz. Lot more expensive but also nish, light, stiff and I enjoy it more than the Pivot - overall. Downhill the pivot wins hands-down. Overall the orbea is better.