Opinions on Pivot Frames

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orbea as a company has always been difficult to deal with. Both previous distributors have had several challenges in dealing with Orbea. 

In the end SA is a Cannondale, Giant, Scott and Specialized bedornnerd market. It will take a lot to change that and therefore give smaller brands the longevity in the market they deserve.

Below these the options of Merida, titan racing, Silverback, Momsen is where the more budget conscious gravitate to.

Orbea is seen as a boutique brand in SA. Its always been pegged in that space, sort of like an upper middle class mans Colnago. To succeed in SA a brand needs to compete directly and or topple one of the big 4

Orbea is the Giant of spain .Not boutique imo .They are everywhere and cheap .Big department stores like decathlon sell them along their own in house brands 

Orbea as a company has always been difficult to deal with. Both previous distributors have had several challenges in dealing with Orbea.

In the end SA is a Cannondale, Giant, Scott and Specialized bedornnerd market. It will take a lot to change that and therefore give smaller brands the longevity in the market they deserve.

Below these the options of Merida, titan racing, Silverback, Momsen is where the more budget conscious gravitate to.

Orbea is seen as a boutique brand in SA. Its always been pegged in that space, sort of like an upper middle class mans Colnago. To succeed in SA a brand needs to compete directly and or topple one of the big 4

I think the guys from Cycles United can attest to how difficult it is to establish a bike brand in SA, Norco is establish brand with good bikes, but stil the guy from the street walks in looking for Scott.

I feel the same about Merida, under valued in SA. Have any of you seen the new 96 in the flesh?

Think Titan Racing is cornering the market for value for money. At the end of the day, I can read all the reviews, lust after all the boutiques and spend money here.

Really not so heavy . Frame quality is excellent. Trail 429 Enduro edition with full Xtr upgrades .

Crikey Pikey that's hot!

I think the guys from Cycles United can attest to how difficult it is to establish a bike brand in SA, Norco is establish brand with good bikes, but stil the guy from the street walks in looking for Scott.

I feel the same about Merida, under valued in SA. Have any of you seen the new 96 in the flesh?

Think Titan Racing is cornering the market for value for money. At the end of the day, I can read all the reviews, lust after all the boutiques and spend money here.

South Africans are very brand conscious, the only way for  new brands to grab market share is to come in cheap and offer more, not always easy or even possible. And then you run the risk of being perceived as not been on the same level as the established brands. So even when you gain that market share and start upping the prices to be in line with your competitors you will struggle.

I dropped Pivot USA a note to ask them if I can purchase a frame from them seeing that there is no longer a distributor in South Africa.

This was their reply.

Thanks for reaching out! You are correct, we currently don't have a distributor in South Africa I'm afraid to say. At this time due to the broken supply chain that's a result of Covid 19 pandemic, we aren't selling frames until likely 2023 :eek: Please let us know if we can further assist!

Sjoe