Cannondale Scalpel bottle cages

vgb

I have a 2018 Scalpel Si. Does anyone know where I can get bottle cages that can take a 750ml bottle and still fit under the shock?

I have a 2018 Scalpel Si. Does anyone know where I can get bottle cages that can take a 750ml bottle and still fit under the shock?

what size frame?

If you've got a Medium theres no way you'll get a 750ml bottle on the seat tube even with a Lyne Hail Rail bottle cage adaptor.

I get a 550ml bottle by using a wolftooth B-Rad mount that lowers my elite dual side entry cages by 15mm and allows enough clearance for a taller 550-600ml bottle. Taller than that rubs the damper body of my Fox DPS 

Camelbag.

Meh.... I'm very much counting on water points on the next marathon races to refuel my two small water bottles, that and the power of Hi5 to keep me hydrated.

I don't like using a camelbag on the bike I find the extra weight hurts in the ass  :lol:  :lol:

It really is a weak point of this bike that you can't fit big bottles inside the frame. might try to find a seatpost mount as I'm going to fit a fix seatpost for marathon races...

Edited by Jbr

Meh.... I'm very much counting on water points on the next marathon races to refuel my two small water bottles, that and the power of Hi5 to keep me hydrated.

I don't like using a camelbag on the bike I find the extra weight hurts in the ass  :lol:  :lol:

It really is a weak point of this bike that you can't fit big bottles inside the frame. might try to find a seatpost mount as I'm going to fit a fix seatpost for marathon races...

To be fair, you can't really put a long water bottle on ANY full susser out there........not that I have seen mainstream anyway.......Spez, Scott, Trek.  Maybe on a Spez if you try?

To be fair, you can't really put a long water bottle on ANY full susser out there........not that I have seen mainstream anyway.......Spez, Scott, Trek.  Maybe on a Spez if you try?

I don't know of any of the two bottle bikes that can fit 2 x 750ml bottles inside the main triangle of a size medium.  Main irratation with the Scalpel 2021 is the size small only takes 1 bottle. They didn't bother fitting bosses for the 2nd bottle even though there is space.

One has to step up to a Large before 2 x 750ml is possible. Granted smaller riders will likely have lower hydration requirements but bikes intended to be used for XCO and XCM races should have two bottle mounts inside the main frame.

Rumour has it the new SC Blur is going single pivot to drop weight and fit two bottles inside the main frame (Hopefully across the size range)

On my Medium Scalpel I use side cages which aren't too thick (between frame and cage where bottle slides) and can fit up to a 710ml bottle in the downtube. I then use a 500ml in the saddle tube cage.
On a longer summer ride where there are no places to fill up I take a third bottle (710ml) in a cage attached to the back of the saddle post (as high as possible).