Bikes are great clothes hangers

FirstV8

For those who have there bikes inside and have a dedicated room for them , do you use you handle bars , saddle and top tube as clothes hangers for the sweaty kit you have just taken off and still will wear it the next day . I have a wash basket into which the dirty mtb bike kit gets dropped in for the wash . A big advantage to this method of drying out my kit is that the room has a particular nasty smell , dirty mtb bike , rubber tyres hanging in a cupboard ,, sweaty cycling shoes and what ever else stuck to me while riding . This keeps my wife out of it and never knows what's new , old or being replaced .

post-111826-0-25367500-1618933804_thumb.jpg

For those who have there bikes inside and have a dedicated room for them , do you use you handle bars , saddle and top tube as clothes hangers for the sweaty kit you have just taken off and still will wear it the next day . I have a wash basket into which the dirty mtb bike kit gets dropped in for the wash . A big advantage to this method of drying out my kit is that the room has a particular nasty smell , dirty mtb bike , rubber tyres hanging in a cupboard ,, sweaty cycling shoes and what ever else stuck to me while riding . This keeps my wife out of it and never knows what's new , old or being replaced .

smelly welly.....used kit belongs in the wash.Sis man

Yeah, it's called the garage.

Infidel!

I never hang things on bikes, neither those in the bike room nor those in the garage ... doesn't matter how short the ride it all goes straight into the washing basket

RageFaceNo-5ae79bcd3128340037321cb4.jpg

I never wear kit without washing it.For some reason my sweat smells really bad the day after :eek:

I think that goes for most of us, some people's nose just don't work. ????

Both my bike and my GF's stands in our room. I use hers to hang my towel over. Dries quickly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, almost never wear the same kit only once. 

It's irresponsible and unnecessary in a water scarce planet and especially country.

Hang it up, air it out (whether in the house or in the garage draped over bikes) and re-use, at least twice IMO. The old sniff test works wonders and besides, 10min into a ride you wont notice anyway.

Yep, almost never wear the same kit only once. 

besides, 10min into a ride you wont notice anyway.

Those riding with you will notice. And then you'll notice cause they'll either be puking or not riding with you anymore...

Those riding with you will notice. And then you'll notice cause they'll either be puking or not riding with you anymore...

Interesting how ppl selectively nitpic certain points to reply to.

Again, take a smell once you've hung up your kit for a day or 2 and reasssess your preconceived notions.

You'd honestly be hard pressed to smell any dodgey odor if it was hung up properly post last ride at least one time. 

Damp clothes stuffed in a small space (i.e. even a washing basket) will be a great way for optimal smelly bacterial growth.

Edited by Thermophage