"ROOF RY" PIRATE RIDING "RACE JOINERS'

Cardinal Richelieu

hey, hang in there .... almost Friday .... need a good go at nothing ....

jokes aside, always sad to see the very real number of riders on the Tygerberg trails without club boards, or those with day-boards riding the linking trails ....  saw a marchal speaking to a group of 6 riders, NO boards, nope they did not pay, and very begrudgingly went to their top of the range vehicles to get the money to go pay their day fees ....

what percentage ?  who knows ...  

Happens all the time. I know of various groups(even reported to the club with specific ride times- nothing cam of it) that ride those corridors. Their friends give them the code. Most of them ride at bleomendal. That was before covid though. Dunno when last some of them have been that side, as the now ride clovelly up to ou wa pad and out tokai.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As society we create/promote this ‘roof ry” culture. In a cycle race it’s just more detectable or obvious?

In business it’s “big business” to find tax loopholes, yet use the same infrastructure financed by other’s tax?

Whether it’s having a tax lawyer on the payroll, under-declaring, or working/banking offshore etc ....

not paying tax is a crime avoiding tax isnt

fine line

We even have issues on things like Tour de Bootlegger where we basically chip in for the coffee, banana bread and then petrol of support cars, drinks, snacks etc. 

Had some randoms rock up, join the ride, drink some coffee and cause a mare. Only afterwards did I realise he had never registered or anything. 

We even have issues on things like Tour de Bootlegger where we basically chip in for the coffee, banana bread and then petrol of support cars, drinks, snacks etc. 

Had some randoms rock up, join the ride, drink some coffee and cause a mare. Only afterwards did I realise he had never registered or anything. 

And I'm sure if it was a case of affordability and the guy was very nice about the situation your group would have welcomed him with open arms!

But when the guy has spent R2k+ on carbon fibre jock straps just to be quicker and still does it, he is nothing more than an afrikaans box.