Contacts at Garmin SA?

Henley 1

I have an ongoing dispute with Garmin SA. They are in Rosebank and I am in PE, so it has to be done by remote communication – impossible!! The telephone reaps no results “we value your call … all our consultants are busy …” The only e mail available on their web site is that of so-called “support”. Mr. Support does not read my mails properly (or does not understand?) and gives nonsense replies. Every time I connect with them there is another Mr. Support on my case.

Does anybody on this forum perhaps have the contact details of some senior people in Garmin? This is fast becoming a legal dispute and it is only fair to have them make informed choices with full knowledge of the risks.

Sorry, can't help, but this has reminded me that my last email to Garmin never got a response ...

Edited by Thomo

Try NAVWORLD, Google is your friend, they should help, if they do not, then call me....

Chris 0722117725

Try NAVWORLD, Google is your friend, they should help, if they do not, then call me....

Chris 0722117725

The Cape Town branch closed "permanently".

Their website shows it is only the Joburg and Pretoria branches still operating.

Previous experience with the Cape Town branch was not good .... if you did not have have a purchase slip from Navworld they were "reluctant" to assist ....

Last year I had an issue with a Garmin watch I bought at SportmansWarehouse.  I printed out the event log as recorded on my Garmin 520 (with realistic data), also printed out the obviously bogus data recorded by the watch.  I submitted both sets of data and the watch to SportmansWarehouse.  ONE look at the data, and they processed the submission forms.  Three weeks later I got a brand new sealed unit from them  (paid up and walked out with a better watch).

With any luck Henley can do something similar via the point of purchase.  These big companies dont like dealing with clients directly ....

VOORSPOED !!

Navworld no longer has a service/ warrantee agreement with Garmin.

garmin SA handles their own warrantee issues etc from the offices in rosebank.

I had a problem with the wifes 520, took it to garmin in rosebank (5mins from my office) and got sorted.

it was a simple thing to fix tho.

I understand the frustration from the OP, as he is not able to have one person take his query from start to finish.

perhaps describe your problem, and we can see of we can assist from there. 

alternatively, if you want to send your head unit in, I am more than happy to assist as a walk-in intermediary.

I have an ongoing dispute with Garmin SA. They are in Rosebank and I am in PE, so it has to be done by remote communication – impossible!! The telephone reaps no results “we value your call … all our consultants are busy …” The only e mail available on their web site is that of so-called “support”. Mr. Support does not read my mails properly (or does not understand?) and gives nonsense replies. Every time I connect with them there is another Mr. Support on my case.

Does anybody on this forum perhaps have the contact details of some senior people in Garmin? This is fast becoming a legal dispute and it is only fair to have them make informed choices with full knowledge of the risks.

Hi,  Had an issue with my vector pedals, got hold of garmin on below email, following is the details of procedure followed, try it

Product.Support@garmin.com, jhbquotes@garmin.com

also 011 251 9800.

Good day ,

Thank you for contacting Product Support.

You may courier your device directly to Garmin Southern Africa.

With the package that you send through to Garmin, please include a note containing a short description of the fault that is plaguing the device. On that note, please include the following as well:

• Attention Technical Repairs.
  • Your return physical address.  
  • Your contact details (IE: Cell phone number & Email address).  
  • If possible, please supply us with the proof of purchase for the device. In order for our technicians to verify the warranty status of your device. 

Garmin works with a 48-business hour turnaround time; from the moment the device reaches our head office.

All fitness device come with a 12-month warranty from the day of purchase.

Should the device fall out of the warranty period and is unserviceable, we will offer you a service part replacement, at a reduced price.

Unfortunately, no quotation can be provided by Garmin without the device booked in.

Garmin Address:

Garmin Southern Africa

The Mall Offices

Office 802 – 8th floor

11 Cradock Ave, Rosebank, 2196

Hope you have a good day,

Refilwe

Had to do a claim on a fenix. Worst experience ever! Good luck

This is why I only buy Garmin products from Easybike.

My 945 packed up, sent it back to them and they deal with Garmin. Dealing with a top notch retailer is always going to beat dealing directly with the manufacturer.

This is why I only buy Garmin products from Easybike.

My 945 packed up, sent it back to them and they deal with Garmin. Dealing with a top notch retailer is always going to beat dealing directly with the manufacturer.

JIP !!

Was truly impressed with SportsmansWarehouse in how they dealt with the whole process.

Can add though .... another gent was handing in a watch before me, so I got to see the process. However, this gent kept on saying "the watch is not working properly....". Not once could he answer their questions clearly .... no idea WHAT was wrong, i.e. hart rate monitor, or gps, or or .... frankly, what was Garmin to test and repair ?

Make an effort to be clear and consise in what issue you are having. If possible, print out proof, i.e. eratic hart rate ( mine was jumping between 40 and 200 bpm, while on a gentle ride, with the Edge 520 showing a steady hart rate.) With both time stamped printouts the issue was ackowledged in seconds, and book in done without any fuss.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, all settled. I finally got hold of someone at Garmin who cares about his customers and the image of his company. He heard my whining and supported me with a free-of-charge chest type HRM. Pity they automated communication to such an extent that “the damage is done” by the time one gets to deal with competent employees. Thank you Garmin SA Rose bank!

• 1 month later...

I need to swop out my 820 as the battery doesn't last much longer than 3 hrs. Has anybody swopped out their 820 Edge lately?

Do they give you another 820 or do they upgrade you to a 830?

4 hours ago, Pusher said:

I need to swop out my 820 as the battery doesn't last much longer than 3 hrs. Has anybody swopped out their 820 Edge lately?

So daft that one has to replace the whole unit when the battery is at its end. Is it like this for other brands as well?

Very open to opt for another brand when my unit's time is up.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, Pusher said:

I have not, but The Bicycle Workshop in Lambton are now Garmin stockists. They’re a friendly helpful bunch and might be able to assist.

Ask for Richard 082 905 1150

Send in my Fenix, recieved offer to replace with Fenix 6, R3000 below suggested retail.

Not very happy, still undecided what to do.

Anyone know what the payment is for a replacement 820 from Garmin SA.....they not giving you the upgrade option as 820units are still available