Labour on warranty replacement

wolver

Labour on warranty replacement  

57 members have voted

1. 1. A part fails and is replaced under warranty by the supplier and fitted/rebuilt by them(not the bike shop). Labour for fitment of the the failed part should be covered by:

• the supplier (after all their product failed under warranty)
    • the customer (the part isn't going to fit itself)

The supplier... They have sold you a part that has not lasted as long as they promised it would. Why should the purchaser have to pay labour because the supplier sold you a substandard part.

Customer 

since we talking about a failed part and not a frame.

Happens over and over.customer comes in with bike bought somewhere else(or on the hub) with failed said part.Shop now has to go thru the slep of trying to get warranty,postage off to distributors after using shop labour to remove said part.

If shop had to pay for that they would be closing their doors soon.

There are customers some lbs NEVER see until they need help with a warranty replacement.If you support your lbs I’m sure they’ll do all of this for free.

‘If you one of those customers who only pitches up when they need help with something like this,expect to pay.

Simple answer. The supplier has to carry the costs of the shop. His part, his pride, his sale, his risk. Strange that there is an argument?

I have been in the Motortrade for 30 odd years and we have a similar situation. Usually the Warranty replaced part's labour cost is covered by the Warranty but at a reduced labour rate..... Eg Shimano would replace the XTR derailer valued at R1000 ( cost price ) plus warranty labour rate of .5 hours where as a cash cust would buy the XTR derailer at full price and pay full labour rate. The motor manufacturer I work for even cover vehicle SAPS clearance and registration at NATIS if a Engine is replaced.

Buy a new car and something fails and covered under warranty it is fixed by dealer who covers labour too.Should be same for bikes.