South Industries launch RX carbon road rims

News bot

Press Release

South Industries are proud to introduce our latest rim set in the RX, a dedicated road rim set that will bring confidence to ascending, descending and taking the unbeaten path. 100% designed and handmade in house in Cape Town, South Africa. #handgemaak

Click here to view the article

I should have said old school clinchers. My road bikes are 1992 and 2004 models. Wide rims and disk brakes wont work.

I have a South Industries GX (gravel) wheel set. Lightweight and bombproof. If the RX are anything like the GX they will be awesome!! 

I like the differentiated rim depths and widths on the RX - a unique feature that makes a lot of sense. I ride 45mm depth wheels on the road and in windy Cape Town conditions sometimes wish the front wheel had a little less depth. 

I can't seem to find any (readily available) suitably-sized tubeless tyres that permit fitting on a hookless rim. but at that price, it's moot for me.