MTB Ballito to Midmar dam (Midlands)

Ilse Brase

Hi,

We live in Ballito and looking to plan an offroad route to the Midlands - a "there and back" route that we could stick to gravel roads.

Browsing tracks4africa & gravelmap.com it seems there are ALOT of gravel options to take... any suggestions on a route we could take to midmar dam? (Previous strava activities or gpx files would be a bonus!)

Hi,

We live in Ballito and looking to plan an offroad route to the Midlands - a "there and back" route that we could stick to gravel roads.

Browsing tracks4africa & gravelmap.com it seems there are ALOT of gravel options to take... any suggestions on a route we could take to midmar dam? (Previous strava activities or gpx files would be a bonus!)

I would suggest contacting Mike VD Berg

Bucketlist biking

He does the route the otherway round. From Howick to ballito. But he will have all the info and advice you would need. It will not be easy. good luck

Hi,

Hi, 

Have you checked out ridewithgps.com I have found a few rides from Salt Rock and Ballito, but it seems like most of them are on the road. It might be a good starting point to follow as they do seem to take the back routes.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19540642

This route starts at King Shaka but it will be easy to get there via Holla routes

Good Luck!

It sounds like an awesome ride

I would suggest contacting Mike VD Berg

Bucketlist biking

He does the route the otherway round. From Howick to ballito. But he will have all the info and advice you would need. It will not be easy. good luck

thanks i will definitely reach out to mike

There is a common route from Hillcrest to Holla. I have ridden it twice. Mostly offroad, some tar. Some people ride it the other way. I can send it to you.

There is a common route from Hillcrest to Holla. I have ridden it twice. Mostly offroad, some tar. Some people ride it the other way. I can send it to you.

yes please i would appreciate it Martin.  if you could send me the strava activity or gpx file it will be amazing thanks: braseilse@gmail.com

yes please i would appreciate it Martin.  if you could send me the strava activity or gpx file it will be amazing thanks: braseilse@gmail.com

I see Ubhejane are planning Hillcrest to Holla ride on 12 June, it is free.

https://fb.me/e/4cbGGuYrN