Raleigh RC7000

KingD

Hi guys I wanna get into biking so I have seen a Raleigh RC 7000 selling for R4500 is this a good buy for some one like me who has never cycled before?

It is good buy for a beginner but for that amount you can definitely find a better bike and mybe with even better components

Have you chcked on Marketplace

If not, give ut a shot

Yes King Pluto, I have checked that's where I am finding the rc 7000, there is a silverback Arizona selling for R3000 so not sure which one to choose, need something reliable

The silverback comes with SHIMANO 105 GROUPSET, 2 BOTTLE HOLDERS

CARBON Forks. For 3k then

the Rc7000 comes with 51cm FRAME

CARBON REAR AND FRONT FORK

FULL 2X10 SHIMANO ULTEGRA

WITH CLEAT PEDALS

2 BOTTLE HOLDERS for R4500..... I have no idea when it comes to group sets or components, please advice between the two.

There are so many factors at play, such as age, condition of each bike, size etc.

Assuming both are a similar age and both are in good condition, the Raleigh will be streets ahead of the Silverback in terms of quality.

The frame of the Raleigh is much better quality and is much lighter, also Ultegra is higher up the food chain than 105.

At R4 500, the Raleigh is a good price. Mostly, these go for between R6-R7k on the used market. If the Raleigh is in a good condition, you will be getting a lot of bike for R4 500.

Perhaps you can show links to photos of the bikes. It will give us a better idea.

It is good buy for a beginner but for that amount you can definitely find a better bike and mybe with even better components

Have you chcked on Marketplace

If not, give ut a shot

Team Dimension Data (not the Pro Tour team, but the earlier sister team to Microsoft) rode with the RC8000 back in the day. These had the same frame as the RC7000. With Ultegra, it can hardly be described as a beginers bike. Edited by Eugene

RC7000 is an awesome bike. Just bought one for my wife. To evaluate condition look closely at the shifters and the rear derailleur. These are the two areas that wear the most on a road bike. Bikes from inland seem to have less corrosion. Older bikes could be wrecked or nearly new on a spectrum. So condition is important when you compare bikes.

Edited by Martin PJ

There are so many factors at play, such as age, condition of each bike, size etc.

Assuming both are a similar age and both are in good condition, the Raleigh will be streets ahead of the Silverback in terms of quality.

The frame of the Raleigh is much better quality and is much lighter, also Ultegra is higher up the food chain than 105.

At R4 500, the Raleigh is a good price. Mostly, these go for between R6-R7k on the used market. If the Raleigh is in a good condition, you will be getting a lot of bike for R4 500.

Perhaps you can show links to photos of the bikes. It will give us a better idea.

If you are new to cycling then first make 100% sure of size of bike is correct for you. Nothing spoils cycling like an incorrect sized bike. Apart from clothing and kit get a setup done on the bike. 1hr on the bike could feel like 6hrs if you are not correctly setup.  Just my 2cents. 

Ultegra is lighter and more expensive than 105. 105 is still good and I will ride it, although I ride Ultegra for the last 10+-years. 

good luck and enjoy.