Dirt Jumper Tyres 26 x 2.35 reviews ?

RomP

Hi Hubbers  ( those that dare ride these DJ bikes :-) )

Looking for some recommendations on 26 x 2.25 - 2.35 tyres. Will be used on BMX track, Tar and Gravel pump tracks.

Since there is ZERO availability of any DJ tyres in SA, it will have to be imported so i want to be sure when i buy, to buy the right tyres.

1. Overseas reviews rate the MAXXIS Holy Rollers as one of the best all round tyres for DJ... Anyone here with an opinion on these tyres ?

2. Also the Kenda small block 8 tyres come highly recommended, but these are hard to come by, even overseas. Any feedback on these ?

3. Has anyone imported tyres recently ? and from where ?

4. And lastly, any chance anyone has perhaps seen these tyres locally, hidden away behind a rack in a shop somewhere ?

Edited by RomP

Skilly has about 4-5 of the Kenda small blocks

Hi Hubbers  ( those that dare ride these DJ bikes :-) )

Looking for some recommendations on 26 x 2.25 - 2.35 tyres. Will be used on BMX track, Tar and Gravel pump tracks.

Since there is ZERO availability of any DJ tyres in SA, it will have to be imported so i want to be sure when i buy, to buy the right tyres.

1. Overseas reviews rate the MAXXIS Holy Rollers as one of the best all round tyres for DJ... Anyone here with an opinion on these tyres ?

2. Also the Kenda small block 8 tyres come highly recommended, but these are hard to come by, even overseas. Any feedback on these ?

3. Has anyone imported tyres recently ? and from where ?

4. And lastly, any chance anyone has perhaps seen these tyres locally, hidden away behind a rack in a shop somewhere ?

the maxxis DTH is also nice. super fast rolling. had a pair on a 26" Cotic bfe for a while. they also look super on a bike...and come in skinwall. I sold them in 2 seconds flat on here so i'm assuming they are quite popular too. 

post-64325-0-23991300-1619681870_thumb.jpg

Edited by MORNE

If you cant find anything specific, then have a look at conti X king or race kings. I think Evo bikes might have some.

If you cant find anything specific, then have a look at conti X king or race kings. I think Evo bikes might have some.

Thx, actually running the Race Kings on one of our other DJ bikes, but they are not going to last long on the Tar pumptrack...

the maxxis DTH is also nice. super fast rolling. had a pair on a 26" Cotic bfe for a while. they also look super on a bike...and come in skinwall. I sold them in 2 seconds flat on here so i'm assuming they are quite popular too. 

Morne, Yes the DTH is also highly recommended...what is it like on dirt...most pump tracks locally are dirt track, worried about grip in the berms .

small block 8s ftw, had a set last over 3 years, roll pretty fast on dirt and tar, DTH's are great for street, not the best on dry loose dirt jumps tho, 

Morne, Yes the DTH is also highly recommended...what is it like on dirt...most pump tracks locally are dirt track, worried about grip in the berms .

Schwalbe Table Tops then